El Bistro

Hostal D'Acuna, Coban, Guatemala

El Bistro Coban Reviews

pam2who pam2who
Surprising Fine Dining Experience in Coban Jun 17, 2008
We found the town of Coban itself to be bit of a let-down, but our spirits were buoyed by a truly unforgettable dinner at 'El Bistro' at the Hostal D'Acuna. As we looked in, the green courtyard's white tablecloths and elegantly appointed waiters made us feel that we felt too underdessed to go in, but we were at once spotted by the enthusiastic and affable maitre d', at which point it was difficult not to enter.

What followed was an incredible meal. My husband has been in the fine dining service business for many years -the service was perfect, and the food beautifully prepared and presented. We weren't very hungry that night and ordered two of the cheapest items on the menu. My husband had a wilted salad with carmelized macadamia nuts, I had a really marvelous enchilada, prepared with all fresh ingredients, arfully presented. While we waited for our food, we walked around the restuarant, which had many live flowering orchids on display around the dining room and in the courtyard, also beautifully displayed. The experience made me wish we were staying in town another day so we could go again and try other menu items! This is not a cheap restaurant, but every bit worth it. By ordering cheaper menu items though, I think we both ate for about $25.

Check Coban Hotel Deals