Ekeko Hostel

Check Lima Hotel Deals

Ekeko Hostel Lima Reviews

simsing simsing
Cute little hostel at cheap price Sep 23, 2012
I found this cute and colorful hostel through hostelworld. It had nice reviews, cheap price, decent location and a female dorm; pretty much all the criteria I was looking for to conclude my Peru trip. The hostel is located in the quiet residential area behind Huaca Puclana pyramids and doesn’t bear any signboard outside so the taxi driver had difficulty finding the place.

I stayed in a 4 bed female dorm with its own bathroom which was nicely decorated with pink color but the room was totally occupied with the beds only. I felt a bit claustrophobic when I am inside the dorm and don’t think they should stack 4 beds in that small room. The other mixed dorm and private rooms were pretty spacious as you can see in the pictures. Usually I don’t spend much time in the hostel room so it was ok for a one night stay but next time if I go back I won’t stay in that tiny female dorm.

Everything else about this hostel is great! The hostel is meticulously decorated by someone who has very good taste in interior decoration. The cleaning lady was extremely efficient in keeping things squeaky clean. There is a huge kitchen, dining area, and sitting arrangements beside the reception, on the first floor. Some small lockers were also provided to store the valuables. My favorite was a colorful wall where travelers from all over the world left their comments. It was cool!

One of the hostel workers is a chef who cooked some fried rice and shared with the guests just when I arrived. It was so yummy that I asked for the recipe! My flight back to Chicago was late at night so I checked out in the morning and they let me store my luggage until I left in the evening. People in the reception were very helpful and willing to talk. I ended up having a great day with my roommates in Lima downtown using their advice on public transportation.

Few tips:

- The rooms are located on the second floor and don’t have any locks and nobody watches them either. So be cautious and keep your valuables in the locker downstairs if you are out for the whole day.

- Don’t choose the female dorm if you don’t like tiny rooms.

- The hostel is not located in the busy area of Miraflores but everything is within short walking distance. It has a peaceful environment yet it was very easy to find like minded travelers to group up for a day trip.
Private room
Another private room
Mixed dorm room
Bathroom of the female dorm
simsing says:
Where did you stay in Lima? You can write a review of that place in TB.
Posted on: Sep 27, 2012