Einar Jonsson Museum (Listasafn Einars Jonssonar)

Reykjavik, Iceland

Einar Jonsson Museum (Listasafn Einars Jonssonar) Reykjavik Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Evocative Iron Sculptures Oct 08, 2010
If you are visiting Iceland, and you are from the United State, you need to know that in comparison, Iceland is NOT a cheap country. That having been said, it is one of the most beautiful and surprisingly artsy countries I have visited. Reykjavik particularly is an art city with most of Iceland's most prominent art galleries, museums, landmarks and monuments situated within. This review however is dedicated to the Einar Jonsson Museum (Listasafn Einars Jonssonar)

I must confess I did not see the inside of the gallery as it was closed by the time Mark and I arrived. But I should have loved to see the inside. The outside was captivating. At the back of the gallery is a well kept yard with an outstanding display of iron sculptures that defy imagination. Located right next to the Hallgrimskirkja Church. The art pieces in the garden are quite evocative and worth looking at.
Einar Jonsson Museum
Africancrab says:
I love art, sculptures particularly. It is harder to work with such materials as metals. I have the highest regard for sculptors.
Posted on: Oct 13, 2010
Glynnes says:
Luv sculptures. Thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Oct 13, 2010