Ein Gedi, Israel

Ein Gedi Reviews

claud265 claud265
Sep 01, 2002
Ein Gedi - Desert Oasis and Kibbutz

An oasis situated in the heart of the Judean Desert. Here the "Song of Songs" was composed.

Within this oasis the establishment of Kibbutz Ein Gedi and alongside its neighbour, the Nature Reserve, housing the desert fauna and the freshing, cool natural springs waters.

Ein Gedi Spa

Hot mineral spring waters, natural water swimming pool, natural black therapeutic mud,

Dead Sea and beach, massage treatment center.

Ein Gedi Botanical Gardens

More than 1000 species of flora, world wide. The combination of a growing population amongst the growing vegetation.

Ein Gedi 5th century Mosaic Floor of an ancient synagogue nearby the Kibbutz.

Ein Gedi Nature Reserve

Near the kibbutz. Visitors have access to the adjacent nature reserve for viewing bird sanctuaries and wildlife of desert, including the Nubian ibex. Hikers follow trails past waterfalls, springs, caves, canyons, and an early Bronze Age temple. Visitors have a choice of hiking along two riverbeds: The David Spring nature reserve walking tour (1.5-3 km), including a short trek to two waterfalls, can take between one and a half hour to 3 hours. The Arugut reserve is adjacent to the David reserve and includes a series of shallow pools perfect for bathing. The 4 km circular hike can take up to four hours. A marked path leads to an impressive waterfall. Recommended: binoculars, bathing suits, drinking water and hats.

Related Travel Blogs About Ein Gedi

Ein Gedi
Ein Gedi is an oasis in Israel, located west of the Dead Sea, close to Qumran, the Dead Sea and Massada. It is known for its caves, springs, and its rich diversity of flora and fauna. It offers vario…Ein Gedi area had not been permanently inhabited for 500 years. Ein Gedi is great for a walk…
From Jerusalem to Ein Gedi (Dead Sea), Eilat, Taba and Cairo
Shir woke me up, as my alarm clock, programmed with the delicate sounds of a harp being plucked drifted into my dreams but did not rouse me into consciousness, instead I dreamt of angels :)She was in…Ein Gedi), then there was no way I would be able to get to Eilat in time to cross…
How many buses can I take in one day?
I had my my last Ulpan course this week and my final exam so I now have a bit of down time before the semester starts up. The Hebrew course was a lot to handle at times, but I am glad that I was abl… Gedi. After getting to Tel Aviv we had to hop on another bus to Jerusalem and then another one to Ein Gedi

Check Ein Gedi Hotel Deals