Barcelona, Spain

Egypt Barcelona Reviews

kpva33 kpva33
Not even being starved makes this restaurant good Sep 16, 2010
We were desperate for food and absolutely famished, and this looked like a decent place to stop. We were looking for a place with tapas to try to experience as much of the Spanish cuisine as we could in our time in Barcelona.

There shouldn't be any problem getting decent tapas in Barcelona, right? Wrong.

The food was tasteless. We were blatantly ignored, despite there being only 4-5 tables in a very narrow, small space, and the staff was rather rude to us. I had no problem with people in Barcelona accepting that we spoke limited Spanish (at just 2 years of it in high school), but here it seemed like it was such a hassle for them to speak in English to us. We were never really sure what was in the meals we were given, and I even wondered how fresh the food was. The set up was like that of a deli, and the food was like that of a deli-- just simply not nearly as appetizing as tapas should be in Spain.

In fact, it was so awful that, despite being famished, we simply could not finish our meals. We made it more bearable by laughing off how terrible it was!

I really cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone. It isn't even cheaply priced to make it worth it if you're short on cash-- there are plenty of other restaurants around for at least the same kind of price and higher quality food and better service. If you see Egipte, just keep walking.
Our review of Egipte in Barcelona.
Isaac is about to lose everything …

Related Travel Blogs About Egypt

It was a beautiful and very comfortable day that we spent in Rhodes.  Out of all the places we visited, I would say that the place I could spend the most time at was Barcelona and Egypt was…Barcelona and Egypt was the biggest life experience, but Rhodes was one of my favorite parts of the trips because…

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals