Egeskov Slot

18 Egeskov Gade, Kvaerndrup, Denmark - 62 27 10 16

Egeskov Slot Kvaerndrup Reviews

urrjaa urrjaa
An amazing daytime Treat! Jun 16, 2011
Egeskov Slot, Or the Egeskov castle is a beautiful castle on the island of Fyn.

The day we went there, the sky was Bright Dark Blue, the wind blowing at a normal pace, the weather perfect at 21 degrees and just the perfect day for 3 teenagers to relax and be Kids again. Our tickets were paid by our Hosts, so me and my other 2 friends entered the Castle free of charge but it was expensive, I remember reading on the boards 175 DKK per head. We drove from Esbjerg to Mid Fyn, reaching Kvaerndrup in about 1 hour.

The Meat of the Review - The castle was beautiful, i have said it before. The landscape particularly attracted me. There stood a pond near the castle. We went inside, had a look at the living of the then Danish royals. There was a room filled with the collection of Animal heads and hunting weapons. A room of the Queen or Princess I reckon, which had the most beautiful Bed I have ever seen. We spend some time seeing what was inside the castle, then we went to the section where there was an exhibition of old cars and Aeroplanes.

We were out of the castle quicky, the lifestyle of the old Danish monarchs didn't appeal to me much BUT the best was yet to come. The Gardens, the playing area, Three 17year olds were 6 year olds in an instant. Families we enjoying the sun, mothers playing with their toads, Lovers embracing each other, many girls basking the sun. It was just a very relaxing and soothing atmosphere then. We walked a little towrds the playgrounds and couldn't stop ourselves from becoming Toads again.

All in all, an amazing place for spending the day. Highly recommended but do check the weather, NO USE going to see Egeskov Slot on a Rainy day. Family day out or a sole travelers Jot, I enjoyed my day here and I can be sure you would too.
The Beauty, Egeskov Slot.
The Castle.
The castle.
The castle again.

Compare Hesselager Hotel Rates (13.8km away)

Egeskov Slot Map