Efes 2 Restaurant

www.efes2.co.uk - Tel 020 7436 0600

Efes 2 Restaurant London Reviews

mezi mezi
Not worth the bother Jul 14, 2012
I have had far better Turkish food in London at far more affordable prices! This restaurant is known by all Turkish in London, but probably for all the wrong reasons!

The male waiters are all very rude and arrogant if you question anything, and when they aren't being rude they are trying to hit on you or laughing at you!

Food service is very slow, and often at least 3 waiters were standing on the side at any one time doing absolutely nothing (apart from staring/laughing at people).

Our bill had things charged for which we had never even ordered. I was in a group of about 14, so they probably think something like that would go unnoticed!

There is live music and a belly dancer downstairs, which is where we were seated. I couldn't have a conversation with anyone as the music was far too loud, and a belly dancer is not my ideal entertainment, though I can imagine for some it is! I guess this entertainment is something you don't get at other Turkish restaurants, and helps create an "atmosphere". The dance floor had people on it and the waiters often had to push past people.

If seated downstairs the menu is different, and they often try to encourage people to go downstairs. The food is mediocre at the least. Often too much oil in many of the dishes that arrived.

Also the tables were rather close together, which meant you had to really squeeze in to let waiters pass behind you especially if someone was seated behind you as well, and the decor was very outdated and dingy. Don't know if it has been renovated since I went.

My group was made to feel like we were a nuisance to them.

Would not recommend!
sarahsan sarahsan
Great value for money Jun 09, 2011
Efes 2 is a Turkish restaurant located in Great Portland Street, just a 5 minutes walk from Regent´s Park. We had been walking around in Queen Mary´s Garden in the rain and were wet, cold and hungry. Efes 2 was close to our accommodation so it became our choice for a place to have dinner.

As we entered, we were greeted by the owner, a nice and friendly guy. The restaurant looked rather small, but nice. I later learned that there was a downstairs as well, with live music and belly dancer. If we had known about it, we would have eaten downstairs. The upstairs was decorated with old photos of sights in Turkey. Personally, I did not care for all the mirrors on the wall, but I guess they were there to make the place look bigger.

The restaurant was half full and most of the guests were Middle Eastern, which to me is a good sign. Efes 2 must be popular, they have been in the same location since 1975.

The menu had all the typical Turkish dishes and they all looked very tempting. We ended up ordering 4 different starters to begin with. Special Karışık Meze (Turkish mixed – variety of cold dips, hot fried cheese pastry & diced lambs liver), Humus (Chick peas, tahini, lemon, olive oil and a hint of garlic), Patlican Tava (Fried aubergine with garlic yogurt) and Muska börek (Freshly fried pastry filled with soft cheese). All the starters were ₤4,95. When they were served our jaws dropped. The portions were big. Our punishment for going overboard with the starters were that we did not have a chance of ordering a main dish, much less desserts.

I had looked at the variety of tempting skewers and fish and was very disappointed that I was not going to be able to order one. The mains were around ₤9,95 and desserts ₤3,50. One day I will have to return to finish the meal we started. And I will definitely go for the desserts. They looked absolutely delicious!

Service was nice and very efficient. The food was presented in a very inviting way. The interior was not the best I have seen, but they certainly made up for that with their delicious food. Efes 2 also offers take away. These prices are a bit cheaper than in the restaurant. The only thing I didn´t like about the restaurant was that they added both a cover charge and a 10% service charge to the bill.

I can recommend Efes 2 for its good food. Just don´t get carried away ordering starters. Portions are large! I will probably come back for a dining experience downstairs with the music and the belly dancer.

Efes 2 Restaurant is open from 12 noon till 1 am 7 nights a week.
Special Karışık Meze