Eetcafe The Paddock

L.G. Smith Boulevard #13, Oranjestad, Aruba

Eetcafe The Paddock Oranjestad Reviews

Cho Cho
Dutch restaurant by the water Jul 12, 2017
On our last night we decided to splurge a bit and opted for this restaurant overlooking the harbor. There was a big sign proclaiming all you can eat spare ribs for $15 and as I was feeling rather hungry I decided to go for it! I wasn't disappointed, the first portion was very generous. It came with french fries (you can also order with rice) but I managed to finish the plate. When I asked for a second helping I did tell the waiter to just bring a small one. They were very obliging and I washed it all down with a couple bottles of "Balashi" the local brew which is the island's most popular beer brand,

The place was crowded but they had several waiters serving the diners and they were kept busy. However, it had a pleasant atmosphere with a cool breeze blowing gently from the sea. We felt pretty relaxed, the more so because we had an outdoor seating area by the water.

The location of this restaurant is right off the main shopping street and only about a five minute walk away from our hotel. I think the bill for the two of us came up to only $35 which I thought was quite reasonable for a quality restaurant.
Exterior of restaurant
Heineken (beer) sign on the roof o…
A cruise ship in the port
My first Balashi beer
Cho says:
@May: Just got back from Cuba, wonderful country, good people. Yes, I did try the Cuban sandwich!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2017
Cho says:
@Yunni, so do I!
Posted on: Aug 31, 2017
cotton_foam says:
Can't blame you, Cho! Now, try the Cuban sandwich ok?!
Posted on: Aug 29, 2017
SWFC_Fan SWFC_Fan
All-you-can-eat burger and rib nights! Feb 04, 2017
We ate at Eetcafe The Paddock one Sunday evening during our stay in Aruba in May 2015.

This waterfront restaurant, located near the Renaissance Marina Hotel just a short walk south of Oranjestad centre, is instantly recognisable. If fact, you'll struggle to miss it! The roof features statues of a cow, a car and a giant lizard and large areas of the walls have been painted with a black and white cow effect. Inside, the bar area is decorated with hundreds of international bank notes.

By Aruban standards, the prices at The Paddock are quite reasonable – especially their "all-you-can-eat" nights.

The menu features a large selection of sandwiches, salads, burgers, soups, omelettes, seafood dishes (including various local fish), steaks, mixed grills and chicken dishes. You can read the full menu here:

It was one of the "all-you-can-eat" nights that tempted us in. Sunday was all-you-can-eat burgers for just $US 11 per person. The restaurant offers all-you-can-eat ribs for $15 per person on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

We sat outside the back of the restaurant by the sea and, although it was dark, it was still a nice, tranquil setting. We could see the lights of passing ships out at sea and could see the fish hungrily devouring the excess burger buns that other diners were throwing to them.

The waiter explained to us that the first burger came with a large dish of fries and that each burger came with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and gherkins on it. We could order as many subsequent burgers as we could eat. If we wanted cheese or bacon on our burgers, that would cost an extra $1 per burger. There were sachets of ketchup and mustard on each table.

We each managed 3 burgers – a standard one to begin with, followed by one with bacon and one with cheese. Along with the generous serving of fries, this was a pretty filling meal and great value at just $US 13 each.

To drink, I had a bottle of Balashi Chill beer ($US 4.28 / 7.50 Aruban Florins) – a light 4.5% lager which was very disappointing.

Emma ordered a free "souvenir cocktail" with a voucher that we had found in one of the numerous promotional booklets that we had acquired. It contained cherry brandy, which Emma doesn't like, so I ended up drinking it. It was much better than the Chill beer! Emma drank the complimentary water instead.

Recommended for a budget meal – especially on "all-you-can-eat" nights!

Check Oranjestad Hotel Deals