Edna Valley Vineyard

2585 Biddle Ranch Road, San Luis Obispo, CA, USA

Edna Valley Vineyard San Luis Obispo Reviews

Kana Kana
Dec 14, 2007
I am not much of a Chardonnay drinker, but I love Chardonnay from Edna Valley Vineyard in San Luis Obispo. It often shows up on our dinner table.

Edna Valley, located in the south of downtown San Luis Obispo, is known for some great wineries. It was approved as an American Viticultural Area (AVA) in the early '80s, and Edna Valley Vineyard is in the middle of this appellation.

This vineyard is open to visitors throughout the year, and you can taste their wine at their beautiful tasting room. I have been to more than a few wineries for tasting, but this tasting room was undoubtedly the most beautiful I've ever seen. The back of the counter is a huge window, and you can have a panoramic view of the vineyards and the volcanic peaks of San Luis Obispo in the background. It was late November when we visited, and the scenery was in breathtaking gold!

There is a small fee for the wine tasting. $5 for the regular lineup, and $10 for the slightly more expensive wines (reserve or limited wines). Whichever you choose, you can try 5-6 types of wine (I forgot the exact count) from the list. I tried the $10 one, and I enjoyed it very much. I loved their Chardonnay as usual, and also the blend of red (I forgot the name; I should've written it down...) was excellent. The attendants at the counter were friendly and unpretentious, very approachable for visitors who are not that "wine connoisseur" like me.

The tasting room is beautiful, but their yard is also wonderful. While my friend and I were tasting wine, my designate driver (my husband) and my son had a great time throwing a Frisbee outside. (Maybe they were not supposed to...) I'd love to go back there again to taste more!
Edna Valley Vineyard
From the tasting room
Vineyard in the fall
sylviandavid says:
This sounds really neat..... Good review... thanks for sharing it. Sylvia
Posted on: Dec 14, 2007