Edison Hotel New York City

Edison Hotel New York City Rates and Deals

Edison Hotel New York City Reviews

Syn_City Syn_City
Perfect location on a budget! Feb 14, 2013
My 1st trip to NYC was in October 2012. When I first arrived in front of the Edison, I couldn't believe how close Times Square was! It was within feet from the front side and back side of the hotel! The hotel staff were kind and the room was bigger than expected... Please be sure to ask for a renovated room! I got a 1 bedroom suite with a king bed & a pull out queen bed from the couch! Although it was very noisy even being several floors up from the street, it was NEW YORK! And I wouldn't expect anything less than hearing yappy tourists, fire engines and road workers! I highly recommend this hotel for location and value. Happy travels! :))
simonzinha simonzin…
Expensive with mold Nov 10, 2012
The best thing about this Hotel is the location which is in the middle of Times Square, with several metro lines around and easy to go by walking everywhere. However Times Square is crowded during the whole day, it can be annoying sometimes.

The hotel is old. In my arrival the front desk girls was not friendly. Then they gave me a room with mold, including many mold spots in the bathroom. The bed sheets were with many stains. I asked to change my room and the Night Manager was very kind with me and let me chose another room. Anyway was a old room with some mold.

The double bed was small and I really doubt that 2 people can sleep there.

They don't have free internet so u pay extra USD 9/24 hours internet.

Well, I was looking for a comfortable stay in NYC and Im pretty sure I chose the wrong hotel.
lieka84 lieka84
Edison Hotel Feb 27, 2012
The Edison hotel is located at a small walk distance from time square.. There are a lot of sight seeing tours starting at the end of the street. This will take you to all the places you have to see in New York. With stops at the Empire state building, Statue of Liberty, ground zero, Rockefeller's centre. There is also a tour going to central park. And a night tour to visit Brooklyn. So a great way to explore the city. The hotel is a good place to stay, the beds and bathroom are very good. The food isn't that great I got pretty sick when I try to enjoy some peace of the salmon in the hotel. So a big tip: get out for diner. Breakfast is good enough if you like toast and pancakes. Btw there is a pharmacy at the end of the road. And Starbucks at each corner. :p Not visiting the Starbucks was my friends biggest regret :p haha..
Our big hotel
The Edison hotel
This hotel food got me sick! :(
Overview New York city at the Epir…
fivepointpalm fivepoin…
Affordable, central, and good hotel Apr 01, 2010
This was my 3rd time in New York. So far i've stayed at the Mela Hotel, and the Westin Hotel, in the times square area.

Because we wanted to save money on the hotel, we decided to stay at the EDISON hotel.

What can I say? Ok it is cheaper, than the other hotels, the rooms don't look as luxurious as the mentioned hotels. BUT i was positively impressed, and i would ALWAYS turn back to the Edison Hotel.

- location (times square area, very safe at night)

- if you wanna have a drink, without walking far, or taking a cab, there's an awesome pub in the same street called "the mean fiddler". LOTS of people going out there during the week (compared to other pubs in the same area)

- room rates. one the cheapest hotels we could find.

- friendly and helpful crew

- i really loved the frank sinatra and 60s music at the entrance and lobby of the hotel :)

- the rooms look old (but clean, and the room service is very satisfying)

- the windows were pretty thin...and because some workers who were using a sledge hammer early in the morning...we were always up around 8 am. which isn't bad either. if i visit new york, i wanna live it at the fullest, which means late to bed, and early wake-ups :)

- i can imagine than during winter time the rooms are freezing cold, if you don't use the heater inside the room (our wasn't working)

As already mentioned.... because of the price, i will turn back the Edison hotel, next time i'm gonna fly over to new york...
our room on the 9th floor, room 917
Travelbug86 Travelbu…
Dated and Dusty! Sep 14, 2009
Well, since my trip to New York in November 2007, was a birthday present i was really excited having never been to the US! We only had the "pleasure" of staying in the Edison for one night, due to an oversight on the travel agents part, the entire trip was due to be in the Novotel a few blocks away.

We arrived at lunch time at the place was packed, the reception area was very busy and we waited a while to be seen. After a pretty slow check in we were shown to our room, as there was 3 of us sharing we hoped this would be big enough. We got in to find two double beds, suitable enough i suppose then a bathroom SMALLER than a double bed itself! We didnt think to much of it, because it was as i said, only for one night. So the 3 of us ditched our bags and off we went to find some lunch and a much needed starbucks! The location for the Edison was fantastic, on Broadway, for the NY tourist it couldn't get much better! We spent the day shopping and wow'ing at the sights in Times Square then it was back to the hotel with hot chocolate in hand (another starbucks favourite) At this stage we were all looking forward to getting back to the hotel for a good, comfortable nights sleep, we were wrong... Pulling back the duvet cover was an experience, nothing but dust and stained sheets, we are yet to find out what caused them, thankfully! The beds were not comfortable, or a good size, we discovered, even by UK standards! We tried to laugh this off and eventually got to sleep, one of the party waking up the next day with a very sore neck and back. I couldnt even bring myself to use the shower the following morning, which after so much travelling and walking in NY i could have done with, it was on with the clothes from the day before, picked up the cases and off i went, to the next hotel. We did however manage to grab breakfast in the Edison cafe, to fill the hour between checking out of one and into the other, they do a great bacon and eggs! Sunny side up!!

Overall though, this wasn't enough to secure a return trip for me! The hotel itself is like my title says, dated and dusty! Nothing compared to where we got to stay next!! This is not a hotel i would suggest if you want to experience NYC at its best.
pippawinter pippawin…
Excellent Location and Good Basic accommodation Oct 04, 2009
A great central place to stay on a reasonable budget, great if you like the Art Deco design and the restaurant has great food. Some great views from higher story hallway windows
A standard bedroom
phred86 phred86
Jun 18, 2007
The hotel is just off Time Square so its in a great Manhatten location. Now, if you a looking for a room with a view then you may be disappointed. We had a lovely view of a brick wall and there was realtively little natural light so the room felt quite dark.

The internet access was quite good, there had several machines, which is great if you have to do an online check in for your flight. The internet speed was really good. I didn't have to spend that long on the machine to get everything done and thats what you want. After all you'd rather be spending time in the city rather than in the hotel. Payment is either through placing your credit card in the machine by your side or inserting cash, but if you are placing dollar bills in, in was really temperamental and it was almost at the point that the dollar bills needed to be ironed.

But for the amount you pay, its not the service that you'd expect. The staff were not very helpful and check in was a nightmare. For security reasons you have to show your room key every time you are at the at the elevators - which I understand but can be really annoying. For the same price, you can go to much nicer hotels. I mean it was clean, but it seemed that it just needed to be redecorated and refurbished. The pipes were really old and were so noisy as was the air conditioning in the room (not the best thing when you are trying to sleep).
Chris23031979 Chris230…
Traditional hotel, great location... Mar 17, 2007
The Edison Hotel is a very old institution in NYC and right at Times Square. This has upsides but also downsides.

The rooms for NYC standards are a good deal. In general though paying that much for a hotel of that age and quality would be ridiculous.

Location-wise it can't get any better. A relatively quiet side-street off Times Square with everything around that you need in NYC really.

The rooms looked clean although you always have a little "old" feeling in buildings like this.

The internet costs extra but is fast and was accessible without any problems. The TV was a little old but did the job. The room was equipped with hair-dryer, iron and ironing board. All you need really. No mini-bar though.

The bar downstairs "Rum House" is a great place to hang out with good service.

A small kiosk and an ATM is in the house also, which is great.

The bed was ok. Nothing more to say about.

The bathroom was clean but you could see the age of some parts. The cleaning staff put a lot of effort in the details like towel folding etc. what I found cute. As the pipes are all quite old you can hear them squeak and mourn, if people around your room use them. Unfortunately I woke up by it one night.

The Front desk unfortunately was quite unfriendly. The Concierge though was awsome and the fact that you have another desk for ground transportation is nice also. Luggage storage costs $0.50 per piece...even for guests. But in the end it's understandable if you think of the amount of bags they are storing each day.

Edison Hotel New York City Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Office Supplies
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower