Edinburgh Airport

Edinburgh airport, Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Edinburgh Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice midsize airport Jun 16, 2011
Edinburgh Airport is a nice midsize airport, which is easy to arrive at and departure from and was the busiest airport in Scotland in 2010, handling just under 8.6 million passengers in that year. It was also the sixth busiest airport in the UK by passengers and the fifth busiest by aircraft movements.

The check-in facilities are easy to spot from the entrance and the monitors telling you where to go. I been here a couple of times now and I have flown with British Midland every time. As they are members of Star Alliance I have been able to use my gold card and have therefore had easy access to the check-in.

The plane to Copenhagen has always been taking off from the gates with low numbers like 4 and I have therefore spent some time in the quite boing area of the airport far away from the shops and restaurants. Boarding with British Midland almost always makes me laugh due to the costumes of the airhostesses; I do especially like their hats.

The airport as such is well functioning and even the security lines are not hopeless even though they can be quite long.

The airport is owned and operated by BAA but on 19th October 2011, BAA Limited announced that it intends to sell Edinburgh Airport, following a decision by the UK's Competition Commission requiring BAA to sell either Glasgow or Edinburgh Airport.

Check Edinburgh Hotel Deals