Eden house tlv

Eden house tlv Rates and Deals

Eden house tlv Tel Aviv Reviews

loveAntoinette loveAnto…
A true gem in the middle of Tel Aviv Jun 23, 2011
This, hands down, is one of the few and rare places I totally fell in love with halfway around the world in the Yemenite Quarter of Tel Aviv. Not once did a "they could have done this or that better" thought come into my head once we arrived at the guesthouse. Serge&Michael arranged for a taxi pick-up for us (I think the cab driver was one of their friends) and everything went very smooth from check in to our cute and cozy double private room with the light green walls. Our bathroom windows had the view of the outdoor patio - the one place we spent more time in than in our room. It felt like paradise; my boyfriend and i spent atleast an hour or so each day reading or surfing the internet in the patio and tried to "imagine" it was our own home! They left out Tea/Coffee and biscuits/cookies every morning for the guests. I gotta say though, the craziest thing was finding a humungous flying, hissing water bug/cockroach in our room and my bf trying to kill that thing, which took about close to half an hour as it kept flying all over the room. He did finally manage to catch and kill it. Aside from that, the location is perfect with the beach right down a couple of blocks (beach towels are provided by them). The clear, Mediterranean water was surprisingly a tad bit warm. Carmel Market is so close by, I'd say less than 5 min walking distance where you can pick up fresh fruits/smoothies/desserts/foods/cheese/meats/veggies and other necessities. Major streets like Allenby (shops, restaurants, bars), Ben Yehuda (more shops and restaurants), King George (cute lounges/bars/boutiques), Shenkin (awesome, cute boutiques where I did most of my shopping) are all close by, a short walking distance. Serge and Michael are also helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions so dont hesitate to ask!

If you're in Tel Aviv on a Friday, I suggest brunch at BENEDICT on Rothchild Avenue. The wait was a little more than half an hour for my bf and I but totally worth it! I still crave for their warm, fresh bread with diff spreads to this day! After brunch head over to the Nahalat Binyamin Arts & Crafts Fair just right by the Carmel Market. Think Etsy, only 10 times better! Also if you want to visit Jerusalem, the bus ride is only about 45 mins. Take the Bus Line 4 (bus stops at Allenby St) to the Central Bus Station east side of the city.
leaving the room
parabellum parabell…
A gem for any independent traveler May 31, 2010
This guesthouse is a pure godsend for an independent traveler coming to Tel-Aviv, who wants to try on the life of locals without losing the feeling of cosiness. Rooms are simply decorated but impeccably clean, the lack of TV set (which, in my view, can only be considered as a good thing) is compensated by free wifi access. Every guest can use the shared kitchen.

Two hotel owners are incredibly friendly guys with the high attention to details - they will provide you with a good advice where to go and how to spend your time in town the best way you personally are prone to. They also will offer you a variety of additional fairly priced services - starting from the airport pick-up with the taxicab driver to local cellphone rental or the premium coffee machine brought to your room.

The location in the middle of the old Yemenite block is to be especially mentioned. Just think of having a 5-min walk to Ha-Carmel in the morning (or after 5 pm - to save some coins with 'evening' prices) to buy some fresh strawberries or watermelon, another 5-min walk to reach for the beach, while the old town of Jaffo is within 5-7 min reach by car.

No wonder that Eden House is full with smart tourists from all over the world who reject the idea to stay at another faceless chain hotel in the favor of being in the middle of the neighborhood life of old Tel-Aviv, so consider to book well in advance.
monoli says:
nicely written Thanks!
Posted on: Jun 14, 2011
Glynnes says:
Great review. Thanks.
Posted on: May 31, 2010

Eden house tlv Overview

Our small private guest house is located in a beautiful, quiet, and safe street in the historic Yemenite quarter, close to the downtown area and just minutes by foot to the beach. The area offers a rich variety of day and night-time activities for all tastes and interests. The neighborhood still preserves many authentic Yemenite eateries with a strong sense of local and traditional ambiance. We have fifteen private rooms, all equipped with air conditioning (fans also available upon request), free internet access (wireless) and a double bed. We have rooms of different sizes and amenities to suit a range of needs. Hot water is available 24 hours a day, as well as 24 hour facility access (i.e., no curfew). Linen and towels are provided at no extra charge. A lounge area in our interior courtyard garden allows you to read, rest, or enjoy the beautiful weather at your leisure. We are indeed a guesthouse (not a hotel), so don't be surprised by the residential appearance of our reception and rooms. We cater to those looking for a clean, friendly place to stay while going out on their own to explore all that Tel Aviv has to offer. Business hours of reception:
Monday: from 08:30 to 22:00

• Laundry service
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels