Eden Amsterdam American Hotel

Eden Amsterdam American Hotel Rates and Deals

Eden Amsterdam American Hotel Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great location and a nice hotel Dec 21, 2013
I was going to Amsterdam with some of my friends and I wanted to find a hotel that was inside the inner town and also in a lively neighborhood. My choice fell quickly on the Eden Amsterdam American Hotel. I had been there before but only as a guest in their outdoor restaurant some years earlier, having lunch with my good friend TB Gianina. The hotel then also looked amazing and I had always wanted to come back there for a stay.

One of the best things that I remembered this hotel from was the fact that the hotel is located almost directly on the Leidseplein with all its restaurants, bars and cafes. The Leidseplein is one of the busiest centers for nightlife in the city. Historically, the square was the end of the road from Leiden, and served as a parking lot for horse-drawn traffic. Today, modern traffic travels through the square and side streets are packed with restaurants and nightclubs. The Stadsschouwburg, a theater, is the most notable architectural landmark on the square, besides all the outdoor restaurants.

I had booked 3 double rooms as we were 6 guys going to Amsterdam, the main purpose was actually that we were going for The Wall concert in Amsterdam Arena, I was driving down there and the largest chock I was got looking at the hotels rates on parking the car, which was 100 euro per day. I had searched a couple of places even asked on TB. I finally decided to take a parking garage not far from the hotel, just across the river and less than 5 minutes walk to the hotel.

Half of us had been driving down in my car while the others had flown down the same day and funny enough we entered the reception at the same time. Not all the rooms were ready even though the time was 2 pm but I was given a room on the 4th floor. The room was nice and bright with a view towards the channel. The room was quite large with to separate beds and quite some space. The room was quite bright because of numerous windows, white walls and light wooden furniture. The bathroom was nice sized as well, but not modern.

The other were given free beer in the out door bar as compensation for the delay. The hotel had several restaurants and bars – especially the bars turned out nice. We were lucky enough to have good weather and we were hanging out in the bar outside.
The beds
The room
The room
The bathroom
spocklogic says:
A hotel on the Leidseplein is certainly where the action is in Amsterdam for city nightlife!
Chokk says:
It was a nice offer and I agree :)
Zagnut66 says:
I wish every hotel offered free beer with a delay.
nomad_lel nomad_lel
Perfect place in a perfect location! Jul 08, 2011
This place is maybe on the upper side of the average hotel room in Amsterdam, but is well worth it. The interior is all Art Deco, which I read somewhere 'was a great disappointment considering the exterior of this grand monument.' However I can't help but feel it adds a modern twist to the history of the building. And lets face it, no-one wants to stay in a crumbling, old, gaps between the floorboards, spiders creeping out of doorways kind of place! The staff are lovely and helpful and the beds ridiculously large and comfortable! Bathrooms have everything you could need! All in all, a lovely place! I can not comment on the cafe/restaurant as we ate out all the time - and as you're in the centre of the Leidseplein, why wouldn't you!? You're within walking distance of EVERYTHING!! Although thats not really saying much, as Amsterdam is quite a small city... ;)
yazantay yazantay
good and clean but have small rooms Mar 03, 2011
I spent 2 nights there..nice hotel but small rooms...relatively expensive...120 for night without breakfast...but it is ok....location is in the center...nice view....what else??
jackchu58 jackchu58
good location and book a head of time Feb 12, 2010
It was only 90 euro if you book a head of time. Best location possible in amsterdam. located in the bar district. A lot of irish pubs, clubs and coffee shops. red light district is about 10 bike ride away.
metsbwd metsbwd
Leidseplein Location and Luxury Nov 24, 2007
The Amsterdam American Hotel is located directly in the Leidseplein. Very close to the Museumplein, main shopping areas, and all of the nightlife of the Leidseplein, plus a short tram ride away from all other mjor sights in the city, you can't beat the location!

For me, one of the best parts of the room was the television channel showing the exterior view from the hotel, 24 hours a day you can watch the goings on in Leidseplein from inside your room!

Renevations were going on when I stayed here in November, 2007, so my balcony was not fully accessible, but the view from the balcony I could access was very nice!

Very comfortable, great location! The price was on par with other nice hotels in Amsterdam. I would stay here again!
benweasel benweasel
Jul 25, 2006
www.hotelthecrown.com

We originally booked our room there because of it's location and it's price, but we have found that there really is nowhere else to stay while in Amsterdam.

The Staff: Always called us by our first name. They gave great recommendations on where to visit, and were extremely friendly.

The Location: Right next to the Red Light District, but was extremely safe. Only a 5 minute walk from Centraal Station.

The Rooms: Very adequate. We had rooms w/ private showers, and public restroom. The rooms were fine in size, and were very clean.

The Price: For 40 Euro a night (for a single) you can find cheaper, but certainly not better. I witnessed a couple stop in and were quoted a price, they viewed a room and said "we may be back". 2 hours later, after I'm sure higher prices and worse rooms, they came back. They should have saved that 2 hours!

The Bar: Wonderfully stocked bar, great service. Every request was met with "Certainly sir".

In conclusion, you may find cheaper, you may find more extravagant rooms, but you will not find a better deal w/ a better experience w/ Hotel The Crown! Highly reccomended. Ask for Mark, tell him Ben from Kentucky says hey!
Walrus says:
Try the Hotel Acro, central enough that the main sites are within walking distance, it's right next to the Rijksmuseum, but in a quiet side street so you won't be kept awake by revellers. The rooms are pretty basic but clean and warm, and reasonably priced. The hotel has a great bar.
I don't have a web link, search in google and you'll soon find it.
Posted on: Nov 15, 2007

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Massage
  • Solarium
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes