Economy Inn & Suites

Check Houston Hotel Deals

Economy Inn & Suites Houston Reviews

bigmac993 bigmac993
Not so nice Dec 13, 2009
This Economy Inn and Suites motel is located at 13900 S Main Street in southwest Houston. I stayed at this motel for a few days several months ago. One of my shipmates in the Merchant Marines recommended it to me as being cheap but OK. I had just returned from Africa on a ship and was doing a short term project in this part of town. I called and got a quote and made a reservation. I looked online and read a couple of reviews that told very little. So later in the week I went to my project and to the motel that evening.

When I arrived, I checked in and found that the price I was quoted on the phone was a lot less than what I was charged even when considering Houston’s hefty 17 % room tax. It was late in the evening and I was tired so I just paid and checked in anyway. The room I was given was in the back and this building looked a lot more seedy than the front building which looked OK. I stayed three days simply because there was really not time to move to another place until the end of the week. Each night when I returned to my room I was confronted by at least one “female” wanting to know if I “wanted some company” – friendly ladies huh! I politely refused but was surprised the motel management allowed this to go on. It was not possible that the management did not know about this because there were too many of them.

About the room, my shipmate had told me he had stayed in one of the front rooms and that it was OK. My room in the back had filthy carpet that was not fastened down to the floor and had heavily worn “Traffic lanes”. The refrigerator was very dirty so I did not use it. Wall and ceiling paint was peeling and the plumbing fixtures in the bathroom did not work properly. Other than these things the place was lovely! :)

I would not stay there again and will not recommend it to anyone else. There are too many clean motels in the general area.
Front view
Front row of rooms
Front row of rooms
Office
stolensamsung says:
Samsung GS4 AT&T phone was stolen along with my 150.00 that was in my purse. 5 people have keys to the room. The guy who took my phone with the small dread locks walked away with my phone in front of me and never gave my phone back. I was in fear of my life because he had a gun . I was going to call the police it with so much drug activity along with what comes with it I will just write it off. I confronted the owners. Who know exactly what is going on that is why they rent 2 hour rooms in the front. They said there security cameras did not work. The cameras were pointing directly at my room. The people here will pray on you and rip steal just to get there fix. If you smoke Crack or sell this is a great place for you. I would recommend going to Tweetys. If you have any info on how to get my phone back please email. I will have my phone blacklisted and report it stolen to all of throw budget phone companies that will accept or unlock my stolen AT&T phone. I would run far from this place unless you smoke Crack this is the place for you just bring some condems.
Posted on: Jun 10, 2014