Ecohostel

Check Santiago Hotel Deals

Ecohostel Santiago Reviews

d2amy d2amy
Great place and awesome atmosphere Apr 21, 2013
This was the first hostel we stayed at on our trip to two month South America trip. This is such a great concept for a hostel. They have a lot of information regarding being eco friendly and making minimal impact with travelling which was really awesome. They also have a lot cool comments that guests have made about climate change and other eco related things.

There's court areas that are open where you can smoke, or eat dinner, but you don't have to leave the hostel. It could get al title cold, and we were there in fall not in winter. Thank god I had my slippers!

The only real thing that I DID NOT like about the hostel was there was a room mate that was unbearable, and yes I understand that's what happens when you live in hostel, but this room mate also worked at the hostel. I mean, you stay up until 4am, with all the lights on, talking on Skype, and listening to music AND SINGING along, that's ridiculous. Have some respect for the place you're working, you upset the guests, you ultimately will upset your boss. So I was VERY unhappy about that.

The kitchen wasn't amazing, but there was a lot of room so you could prep at the same time as two different groups were cooking. Also bathroom facilities weren't phenomenal, but they were always clean, didn't smell bad or anything, and there was always hot water.

Lastly, its about a 10 minute walk from the metro, so that's the only real downside to the hostel, but close to two super markets.
Our bed
Outside dining area
One of the comments about climate …

Check Santiago Hotel Deals