Ebb and Flow Restcamp

Check Wilderness Hotel Deals

Ebb and Flow Restcamp Wilderness Reviews

kellyyyz kellyyyz
2-Bed Rondevel, aka The Round Room. Mar 14, 2010
This little place was cute, with no frills yet still had electricity and a tank of hot water for showers. I was content.

The 'rondevels' looked like little cabins with aluminum roofs with a single peak on the centre. They were completely round, which was bizarre on the inside but aesthetically African out the outside. It was a bit funny sleeping in a room with furniture all centred around the makeshift bathroom in the middle of the room. Just make sure you don't require any privacy from the people you camp with as there basically is none in the rondevel but it suited me fine.

The camp provided braais and braai wood was availabe at one of the camp buildings. The camp was situated along a salt water river connected to the Indian Ocean. The birds seemed happy as the place was really quiet. Guinea Fowl would prance around like they owned the place each morning. They are LOUD! I saw some rare trees, native to South Africa such as Milkwood Trees and Saffron trees and a bunch of others that I cannot remember the names of. I did some canoeing and hiking through a well-kept trail in the forest. The trail leads to a cool waterfall and there were plenty of places to sit upon the rocks and relax.

I was glad that I only spent a few days at the camp because I think I would have gotten bored quite quickly. The trees, the trails and the river was great, but the ocean was a bit off limits because it was blue bottle season. The coast was bright blue with no chance of a person making it into the water unscathed. But it's part of the garden route and it's beautiful so people should check it out.
sylviandavid says:
good job on that "made up" term.... I enjoyed your review....
Posted on: Mar 15, 2010
kellyyyz says:
I think I may have made that term up. haha. February is stinger season in Australia (when the deadly box jellyfish come to the shores of the Great Barrier Reef). In the Indian Ocean (while staying at Wilderness Park) I couldn't believe how many Blue Bottles were washed ashore (tiny blue stinging jellyfish with long sharp tentacles). I just assumed that February was the month of the Jelly Fish. haha.
Posted on: Mar 15, 2010
sylviandavid says:
Nice review: What does it mean to be in the blue bottle season?....
Posted on: Mar 14, 2010