Ebb Tide Cafe

(415) 648-6283

Ebb Tide Cafe San Francisco Reviews

thenewextrememimi thenewex…
Ebb Tide Cafe Feb 08, 2008
The Ebb Tide Cafe is my favorite breakfast place ever. Tucked into an unassuming space with mismatched coffee mugs, pushed-together tables and a weird starfish sculpture hanging on the roof, this place is pleasantly overlooked by the legions of HFWRB* that make the awesome food at Dotties or Boogaloos too much of a quest to get to on a Sunday morning.

Ebb Tide's food doesn't have a lot of wow factor, but their scrambles and benedicts are yummy, their hollandaise sauce is downright cravable and their food is consistently good.

The menu itself is hilarious. It's misspelt in several places, and includes items like "Vegan-dance party", "Bacon Platter, Yes a Big Platter of Bacon", and various dishes that end in "thingy". Oh, and did I mention they offer a bacon platter?

I'm also a little obsessed with home fries, and Ebb Tide makes them the way I like it -- I love chunky home fries that are on the soft side and am, despite myself, offended whenever I am served deep-fried potato squares. I want home fries, not square french fries, dammit!

Ebb Tide never serves me square french fries, always gives me a giant random mug full of coffee, and extra hollaindaise sauce when I need it. And best of all, I never wait to sit down.

* Hipster Foodies Who Ruin Breakfast, who you can read more about in Yelp-Celebrity-Ed's review of when we(I'm Amelia in the review) went to Boogaloos: http://www.yelp.com/biz/boogaloos-san-francisco#hrid:ABbsfWMd-wd7YBieb8biJA
jenn79 says: