Eat'n Park Restaurant

Eat'n Park Restaurant - Eat'n Park in Monroeville

Eat'n Park Restaurant Monroeville Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
A Nostalgic Visit to an Eat'n Park May 27, 2012
While we were in Western Pennsylvania, I wanted to be sure to try an Eat'n Park. Eat'n Park is a traditional American coffee shop chain, right out of the 1950s and 1960s. It's not retro, it's what retro themed restaurants are trying to emulate. It's the original.

Eat'n Park was a major East Coast franchisee of Bob's Big Boy until the 1970s. Bob's was a place my family would always go in California in the 1960s and I loved the Big Boy Hamburger. So a chance to experience the ambaince again was very enticing, perhaps clouding my perceptions.

The otuside of this Eat'n Park location has been modernized, but inside was a Googie style coffee shop that looked just like a Bob's! The menu offers straightforward American food with no pretentions. I had to have the Original Superburger Deal. The cheeseburger was close, very close, to a Big Boy. Susan had one of the more contemporary burger offerings, a Classic Black Angus Cheeseburger. I was satisfied, though Susan would prefer a burger from Red Robin or Cheeseburger in Paradise. (Yes, they are better, but this was a nostalgia meal for me.) We both had Salad Bar. The Soup and Salad Bar was nice, with a variety of different vegetabls and salad toppings avaialbe. We sharted a slice of Key Lime Pie for dessert, and it was very good.

Locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia.
Eat'n Park in Monroeville
Original Superburger Deal
Googie style interior at Eat'n Park
Eat'n Park in Monroeville
spocklogic says:
You wouldn't expect the retro interior from looking at this place from the outside. Nice surprise...
Posted on: Jun 25, 2012