Eating Internationaly: good pizza places in Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Eating Internationaly: good pizza places in Zagreb Reviews

maris_s maris_s
Oct 22, 2007
I have been living in Zagreb for past 6 years, and as a big pizza-lover, I felt the need to share my experiences with the world. This Sunday I went pizzeria browsing, and tried out one of the touristically most appealing in the city. Capuciner, situated right across the Cathedrale, offered flat draught beer, below average pizza and slightly above average prices. It took me 45min to get the bloody order, the waiter seemed on a verge of a breakdown (he was surrounded with trainees and obviously overworked, so I couldn't actually blame him for the poor service), and at the next table sat an elder American couple that kept yelling at the passing staff "catastrophy! catastrophy!". Not to mention the decor, lack of light and non-smoking areas.

To summarize: Capuciner is a no-no.

On the other hand, these are a few good ones:

Leonardo and Nocturno in Skalinska street, a minute or so off the main square (they also offer excellent pasta, barbeque and grilled mushrooms :)),

Šestica (No.6)& Mamma Mia, about 10 minutes' walk due west off the main Square, Šestica in Medulićeva, Mamma mia in Ilica.

These places have good pizzas, low prices, good service and are quite cosy and private.

Some also recomend Dvica in Nova Ves 2,but it seems a bit too fancy for my taste.

Check Zagreb Hotel Deals