Eat Rite Health Promotion Center

Wolflin Square, Amarillo, TX, USA

Eat Rite Health Promotion Center Amarillo Reviews

esterrene esterrene
Veggie heaven in Amarillo, TX Sep 13, 2008
I was having the most intense craving for a fresh veggie salad the other day. My problem however was that I had no idea where to go in Amarillo for a REAL salad. Not a chicken salad hold the chicken please kind of salad, which oddly seems to be the most common salad choice in restaurants these days.. And those salads are not always so freshly made.. I wanted a veggie salad of my dreams. I wanted broccoli, sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes, colorful bell peppers, baby spinach, onions, gorbanzo beans and more..

My wish was granted at Eat Rite's Deli and Snack Bar located in the back of Eat Rite's Health promotion Center.

The menu was small but had some very good eats to offer. Everything was made fresh that day. Eat Rite is NOT a veggie only establishment. They do offer organic meat options on the menu, thus making this place great for mixed dietary groups to share a meal together. They also cater to those who are on a gluten free diet.

I had a salad from the salad bar and it was perfect!! The salad bar is NOT an all you can eat buffet. you pay by the pound after you make your selection.. I also had a Hummus Vegan sandwich. which was very good, but i think i would prefer the sandwich to have been made with a pita or flat bread instead of the Ezekiel bread.

The restaurant is only open Monday through Saturday during lunch hours but the rest of the establishment is open until 5pm. Eat Rite is also a small organic grocery store with a very decent selection of produce and vitamins. The people who work there are all very friendly and very helpful with any questions a customer may have.

I walked around for a bit an noticed a kitchen in the middle, possibly for cooking demos and a juice bar in the back.

over all I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a healthy meal in Amarillo. It is the only place that i have seen so far that outwardly caters to the veggie and special diet population. I am sure there are other place, but i have yet to find them

Check Amarillo Hotel Deals