Luton, England

Easyjet Luton Reviews

Nazira Nazira
Flying with Easyjet Jan 02, 2012
The first time I flew with easy jet was in October 2010. I was on holiday and needed to get home for an interview. I assumed it would be easy and straight forward booking a single flight home, but it wasn't. I've never experienced anything like it before in my life.

The other name brand airlines didn't recognise that I held a british passport and wanted to book a flight home. I kept being told I couldn't book a flight home because they thought I was of a different nationality.

I didn't want to try easy jet at first. Due to all the negative news I've read and heard about the airline I was put off, but I was anxious to get home and decided to give them a try.

Not only could I book my flight home, but I could also pay for excess baggage and more than one suitcase.

I've always struggled to travel light, but when you're away for upto 28 days like I am at times, there's no way one suitcase weighing 20kg is going to be enough.

You're allowed one piece of hand luggage but it's weightless so it can be as heavy as you can manage. There's just a size restriction

The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. The food and drink on board is affordable and you can sit comfortably without being squashed because you've flown with a budget airline.

As mentioned earlier, you can pre-pay for excess baggage and take upto 8 pieces of luggage and 50kg spread out over the suitcases. You can pay for speedy boarding which allows you on the plane first. For those of you who travel in groups or just want to be able to choose where you sit, you can pay a small fee to check in first and board the flight first.

Those with small children are also allowed on the flight first so they can sit together and choose where they'd like to sit.

Apart from flying with virgin atlantic, I absolutely love flying with easy jet and will continue flying with them when ever possible.

Their prices are not astronomical in my opinion but with what you get, it's worth the price for sure.

I can't wait for easy jet to fly to other destinations and get tv screens on board :)
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Easyjet Mar 16, 2010
Easyjet is perhaps Europe's most well-known budget airlines, in heavy competition with Ryanair. As with most no frills airlines you have to pay for every little extra but if you're just taking hand luggage for a weekend break it can work out much cheaper than a major airline. Staff are most disinterested, a common trend in budget travel, and Easyjet is can be more expensive than it's major Irish competitor but it does have the advantage of much more comfortable seating (which means a longer flight is more tolerable with them) and generally landing at main city airports rather than tiny ones in the middle of nowhere.

As far as budget airlines go, highly recommended as I've never had a bad experiance yet in context with what I expect for the price I'm paying.
JoeriNL JoeriNL
Decent no frills airline Nov 23, 2010
Everyone flying through Europe probably has been on one of their flight. I rate them higher than for example Ryanair. Staff is friendlier, and Easyjet uses more centrally located airports. All the orange looks pretty cheap, but altogether Easyjet is just fine for short flights.
Easyjet A319 landing at Krakow Air…
jeminigirl jeminigi…
No Frills - No Probs Jul 25, 2009
Having decided on visiting Malta in the summer of 2009 we trawled the net looking for deals. It turned out that a build your own holiday worked out cheaper than using a travel agent and this is where we were introduced to the world of budget airlines and Easyjet.

The flights were considerably cheaper than other airlines and the flights departed at reasonable times hence why we chose them.

Our first impressions when we got to check in were good, the check in clerk was very helpful. We had opted to check in two cases costing us 18.00 per case. Quite reasonable compared to some of the prices that budget airlines charge. She told us that announcements would not be made over the intercom system in the departure lounge and that we needed to keep an eye on the departure boards.

Once the departure gate was announced we headed over to the gate. Easyjet do not allocate seats, they are on a first come first served basis so if you want to be seated together I suggest you get to as near to the front of the queue that is possible. Priority is given to passengers who have paid for speedy boarding (a fee is charged for this, though unsure as to how much)and then to passengers travelling with children under 5. After that it is each man for himself.

Once on board the aircraft we found it to be exceptionally clean and the seats comfortable. Cabin crew again were very helpful. Obviously refreshments are available on board at a price.

Have used Easyjet on a number of occasions now and have never been disappointed with their service (touch wood) we have also never experienced any delays.

If your looking for cheap flights within Europe would definitely recommend Easyjet over the other no frills airlines.

Related Travel Blogs About Easyjet

A lovely day out in Belfast
My sister had never been overseas and really wanted to go.  She told me that if I went with her, she would pay for the entire trip.  She did not have to ask twice, Lol!  She decided on…Easyjet from Luton to Belfast and back.   We had to wake up real early to get the bus to Luton

Check Luton Hotel Deals