Easy Palace City Hostel

Easy Palace City Hostel Rates and Deals

Easy Palace City Hostel Munich Reviews

monicaloya monicalo…
Former Easy Palace, now called Smart Stay Nov 22, 2012
I went from the Hbf by walking, and it wasn't difficult to get there. There's also a bus station on the corner; but i was new to europe, i didn't know how to figure transportation so I preferred walking.

The hostel is a nice place, people on the counter were very friendly and helpful and they spoke perfect english.

I stayed in a room with 6 beds. My experience wasn't great because my roommates were these very young deustch girls, who came from Frankfurt and were sort of sprinkbreakers.. u know, clubbing and fun. They were polite, but we were on different pages. I had to get up early for a tour, bugging everyone with my noise, and they were arriving late at night, singing and having fun.

The room was clean, the bathroom is inside.

Beware the price because linens and internet are not included.
WalterC says:
I was not aware of the name change. And sounds like it has not gotten any better!
Posted on: Nov 24, 2015
monicaloya says:
it seems like a superfun place too, in the lobby there's nice music and beer. It's cool, but the only reason i stopped by Munich was in order to go to Neuswanschstein..
Posted on: Nov 22, 2012
WalterC WalterC
Average at best Oct 18, 2010
Quite a distance from the train station, and confusing directions, that taking public transportation would be the better option to reach the Easy Palace Hostel in Munich.

Having arrived at night, and no mood to walk, I chose to take the U-Bahn to reach the hostel. Once you get off at the right stop, you should see a McDonalds, and walk down the street parallel to it, until you see the overhang that says Easy Palace Hostel.

Going inside, the smell of paint was pretty strong, and rock music constantly playing. I arrived during a shift change, which meant that reception was closed for 15 minutes. That meant waiting until they reopened the reception, which can be a problem when feeling tired. I did not take kindly to this.

Once checked in, you can take the stairs or an old-fashion elevator, which I did find interesting. Kind of a primitive “beam me up”. It did have the feel of a hotel, as I needed a keycard to get into a room.

The rooms themselves are good, but the lighting is not so good. Each room had their own bathroom. But no lockers in the room. Breakfast is served, but a bit overpriced for an all-you-can-eat, that does not offer much. I would skip it, and try to get it elsewhere.

There are computer terminals for internet access near the entrance. Not free, but you don’t have to use all your time at one session, but can save some for another time.

My stay felt very business-like, with people keeping to themselves. But I had no problem with that, as I was coming close to the end of my trip.

After having stayed at some great hostels on this trip, this one was a letdown. But to be fair, it really is not bad place, but there are better places to stay at in Munich, that are closer to the train station and/or the Marienplatz.
waiting area, near reception desk

Easy Palace City Hostel Overview

If shopping is on the agenda, the Easy Palace City Hostel is strategically located to access Munich's shopping precinct. This hostel is in Munich's Maxvorstadt district, a 10 minute walk to Kaufinger Strasse.

The Easy Palace City Hostel offers a convenient 24-hour reception as well as self laundry, a swimming pool and luggage storage for the guests. Take advantage of the hostel's express check-in/check-out facility which minimises the usual hassles, letting you get on with your holiday. The hostel also offers guests the convenience of a Wi-Fi connection. Front desk staff are available to assist you with any additional requirements you may have. Confidently choose the Easy Palace City Hostel for your next trip with the knowledge that you'll be ideally placed to explore Munich's popular range of nightlife attractions.

Guests wishing to socialise can take advantage of the Easy Palace City Hostel's bar, located on-site for your convenience.

Easy Palace City Hostel Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Parking
  • Swimming pool
  • Elevator / Lift
  • 24 Hour Reception
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Dart Board
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower