Eastgate Tower

Check New York Hotel Deals

Eastgate Tower New York Reviews

happytravelista happytra…
Outdated Hotel in Murray Hill Jun 27, 2011
Stayed here during August. August is hot and humid in NYC. I heard this hotel is a converted old NYU dorm...I don't know if that's true or not. Room featured a small equipped kitchenette. This is useful if you want to cook on your own. There's a big refrigerator in the kitchen which is useful as well.

Decor and furnishings were extremely outdated. Carpet was wearing thin. Staff could've done a better job cleaning the bathroom as we found lots of hair in the shower and on the floor.

Location is about 6 or 7 blocks to Grand Central Station. Location could've better but we knew that beforehand. Lots of bars and restaurants around the hotel so there are plenty of options to choose from.

Other than that, we didn't really spend much time in the hotel. I probably wouldn't stay here again.
happytravelista says:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the AC did work well.
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011
mistere mistere
An aging suite in the big apple.. Jun 15, 2011
I booked this hotel at the end of 2008 and decided to stay in suites around New York! This hotel was one I chose to stay in with my girlfriend at the time.

Before getting to New York I wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel. I think when I arrived I expected a bit better for the $300 a night this place charges for a one bedroom suite. The suite had quite a large lounge area with kitchenette with a bedroom separate to that. The decor was quite dated and in general was in need of some modernisation!

The view out of the window was pretty poor too! I had a great view of the local multistorey car park! Not that views are everything when you go to hotels but it just could definitely have been better than that!

I did enjoy the fact it had a kitchen as it meant I could go to the local shops and buy stuff to cook back at the hotel. As we were in the city that never sleeps, the shops were open all night long which is definite bonus!

The hotel is in walking distance of the UN Headquarters and Chrysler building. I hope in the time since I've been there that they have modernised it but if they haven't I don't recommend this hotel! It isn't worth the money you pay for it!
mistere says:
I agree with your review too! There really isn't many good things to say about it! Hopefully they'll knock it down and build a new modern one! :P
Posted on: Jun 28, 2011
happytravelista says:
Agree with your review. I forgot about the parking lot across the street! We had the same view. One night someone on our floor had burned some food and the smell permeated into the room. =( It was awful.
Posted on: Jun 27, 2011

Eastgate Tower Overview

Located along the pretty Murray Hill area of the city, the Eastgate Tower Hotel provides visitors with the peace of a residential area and the convenience of Midtown. Visitors can quickly reach the Chrysler Building, the United Nations Headquarters and even Bryant Park or Rockefeller Center.

The Eastgate Tower Hotel is located at 222 East 39th Street, which is quite close to Grand Central Station and an easy journey to and from the JFK and La Guardia airports nearby.

The Eastgate Tower makes suites available in studio, junior and one or two bedroom configurations. Most provide kitchenette facilities and are suitable for those on lengthy trips or for families.

Relied on by business and leisure travelers alike, the Eastgate Tower Hotel makes everything from food service (via the Frontier Diner) to secretarial assistance available. Visitors can enjoy wireless Internet access and up to date data ports, and they will also appreciate the fitness center as well.

Eastgate Tower Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower