Eastern and Oriental

Check Penang Hotel Deals

Eastern and Oriental Penang Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Best hotel in Penang Jul 31, 2015
If i have to describe this hotel in one word, i would either choose the word: Awesome or Luxurious. E&O is a prestigious (5 stars at least) & heritage hotel in Penang. High profile celebrities and Heads of State would stay here when in Penang. It is a sister hotel to the Raffles Hotel Singapore. If you have been to Spore, you will see that the building looks exactly the same except that the E&O has a sea view & a new extension wing (named Victory Annexe) which Raffles Singapore does not have. Ever since my first visit to Penang sometime in 2003 I had always like the layout of this hotel but of course back then I could not afford the price so I had settled for a picture in front of the hotel.

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was not enough to fully explore the various facilities of the hotel. Our room was located at the new Victory Annexe which is a taller building as compared to Heritage Wing (the older part of the hotel).

So why I would highly recommend the hotel for the following reasons:

• Room attached with nice balcony facing the sea (our room was on the 15th floor) so every night while I sleep I could hear the waves which is quite soothing to the mind.

• Room was huge, the bathroom & toilet was huge complete with a shower & a traditional bathtub. There were 2 wash basins complete with toiletries made separately for a Male & Female guest.

• Very comfy bed

• Thick walls so very quiet you don’t hear the other guests at all! But we know there was a couple next door.

• Complimentary mini bar (but no alcohol) which is replenished daily in room

• Complimentary coffee/ tea making facilities in room

• Ceiling Fan & air con in room so you can choose either or use both

• Complimentary drop off/ pick up at Batu Feringghi based on scheduled time (for those who wish to go to the night market or go to the beach). This saves you RM30-40 per one way trip.

• Huge complimentary breakfast buffet spread (3 nights was not enough to try everything)

• Option to dine indoors or alfresco

• Roof top pool (Level 5) with sea view

• Complimentary drinks between 5 – 7 pm by the pool

• Farquhar bar within the hotel (Heritage Wing)

• Hotel even has its own Heritage room which is like a museum to inform guests of the hotel’s history and a staff to guide you along the exhibits

• Hotel has its own tourist shop (Bombay Shop) selling books on the hotel/ Penang, vintage cups/plates/cutlery of the hotel etc. The hotel name is basically like a brand.

• Location is by Penang Road where there are plenty of local food options and within walking distance to the heritage trail/ tourists site in Georgetown.

• Housekeeping will do up your room no matter what time of the day. My husband had accidentally left the Do Not Disturb button on when we left the room. So when we came back in the evening, the room was obviously not done. The housekeeping had left a note for us to call for them to do up the room while we go out for dinner.

• Cable TV options for those who must have it. We didn’t have time to watch TV.
Foxyfauz @ E&O (in front of Herita…
Victory Annexe of E&O
Foxyfauz @ Victory Annexe E&O
FoxyFauz says:
You should Swizzles! This is my 4th visit to Penang so I stayed at 4 different hotels between Georgetown-Tanjung Bungah-Batu Feringghi & i think this is the best hotel money can buy in Penang!
Posted on: Aug 24, 2015
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Aug 10, 2015