East Pier Lighthouse

  based on 1 review   write a review

Pier Road, Whitby, United Kingdom

East Pier Lighthouse Whitby Reviews

GrahamF_1956 GrahamF_…
61 reviews
East Pier Lighthouse Feb 18, 2018
The East Pier lighthouse was built in 1854 from locally sourced sandstone and stands 55 foot high with a diameter of just over 7.7 foot. The original lighthouse served as a navigational aid to shipping with its light visible for more than 8 miles. In 1914 its requirement ended with the use of more modern navigational systems. The lighthouse is currently owned by Scarborough Borough Council and due to its dilapidated state has remained closed to the public.

Grade II listed (December 1972)

The nearest Car Park (Pavillion Drive) is just a five minute walk away (YO21 3EN) and has 68 spaces.

September 2017
East Pier Lighthouse (2017)
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Whitby Hotel Deals

photo by: Vikram