Earl's Rib Palace

4414 W. Reno, Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Earl's Rib Palace Oklahoma City Reviews

Good BBQ - You gotta be hungry! Apr 07, 2008
I was in town for a couple days...figured I should do my best to find good Q. The key is to ask locals...so, while getting my haircut, I gave it a try...The Rib Shack - you can find one anywhere...now, Earl's - That's the best in town! It was a couple blocks away...and the Iron Star was on target...later down the list.

I showed up a little after 11am...poured a large glass of Sweet Tea and ordered up a Big Earl - two kinds of meat...ribs and brisket. They were kind enough to ask how I wanted the brisket...sliced...and if it was - how thick. My kind of place.

Sitting at my table, I sipped the Sweet Tea. WOW, was it thick. This wasn't Georgia Sweet Tea! When the plate arrived, it was heaped with curly fries, a bowl of beans and generous portion of thick sliced brisket and ribs.

(A bit of commentary ahead of the meat review. I enjoy Texas-style BBQ...ribs are on a combination of hickory and apple for 8 hours...and my brisket on hickory for 24. My search for good BBQ is to enjoy and to look for ways to improve.)

All of the meat was tender. The ribs had a mild flavor...sauce didn't help much. The brisket was fall-apart tender with a touch of smoke throughout. My recommendation - bypass the ribs...go for the brisket - and enjoy!

Check Oklahoma City Hotel Deals