Eagle's Deli & Restaurant

www.eaglesdeli.com - 617-731-3232

Eagle's Deli & Restaurant Brighton Reviews

jdsgos jdsgos
Good burger, but not great. Aug 30, 2009
Okay, like every kid that grows up in America, its a given that you should like burgers. Sometimes the bigger the better, right? So right before I headed off to Boston, I was watching the TV and saw "Man vs. Food" which happened to be doing a show about Boston. I'm like "cool some places to check out".

Well I finally made it to Eagle's Deli, home of the Eagle's challenge. This place is small and crowded. And a little confusing if you don't know how to order. There is one room where the cooking area is located, with a line of people in front of it. Then there is a partial wall which seperates the dining area, with the register at the end of this room. And then there is another dinig room off to the side. So where do you order? Do you sit and someone comes to you? Or do you order, get in line, then sit to eat? Now Maureen isn't one to deal with places like this and was ready to walk. But I cut in front of everyone and asked the girl at the register what to do.

Once we had it all worked out, Maureen got breakfast while I got a burger (which was why we came in the first place). Now this place has all kinds of burgers. There is the King Kong ($7.50), a 1/2 pound cheeseburger with 1/2 pound of fries. Or the Godzilla cheeseburger ($9.50) which a pound of beef and a pound of fries. Or you can go for either the 2, 3, 4, or 5 pound burgers. The claim to fame here is the Eagle's Challenge burger - the five pounder with 20 slices of cheese, 20 slices of bacon, and 5 pounds of fries for one person ($50). If you can't finish any of the pounders, you can have your picture taken and put on the wall of shame. These are always fun to see and read the comments.

Now I, being of sane mind and body, only ordered the 1/2 pound cheesebuger with every thing on it. It was a pretty decent looking burger. Taste wise, it was average. You know how when you bite into a really good quality burger, you're like "wow that is good beef"? Well this wasn't it. It was just another frozen burger patty that looked like it came from Sysco. Now there are places that hand form patties fresh everyday, but this was not one of them. Trust me, I'm a foodie and been in the biz long enough to know.

Maureen's breakfast wasn't anything special either. But while we were there, a couple of Boston College football players came in and got breakfast. And they got seated at the table right next to us. One of them got the "kitchen sink" omelet. As you can guess by the name, it had everything in it. And it was pretty huge. The guy just smiled and said "I don't think I can eat all this". And one of the other guy, got the one pound burger, which had about 3 inches of beef on it.

Eagle's got voted the second best place in America to pig out. And if you want to do that, then this is the place for you. But in my mind, the food here is more quanity instead if quality. It wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't great. Bring your friends, its laid back and fun to people watch.
Out front of the place.
What a normal person eats here.
What an insane person would try to…

Compare Brookline Hotel Rates (3.5km away)

Eagle's Deli & Restaurant Map