EXPLORE - Guide to kill the time at Changi Airport

Singapore
EXPLORE - Guide to kill the time at Changi Airport - one of the many gardens.
EXPLORE - Guide to kill the time at Changi Airport - arrival on singapore
EXPLORE - Guide to kill the time at Changi Airport - The Cover
EXPLORE - Guide to kill the time at Changi Airport - relax at Harry's bar in the cactus garden.

EXPLORE - Guide to kill the time at Changi Airport Reviews

gimpel gimpel
Enjoy your stay at changi airport Feb 03, 2009
If you are on your way to your final destination,one thing you didn't want to do is waiting.If you are on changi airport of Singapore, waiting is fun.If you wanna do everything they offer you,you will run out of time.

If you arrive at the airport as a transfer passenger,check first where you have to go to.Than find your self the Explore guide,the information guide to changi airport.This guide will show you everthing you can do to make your stay nice.

Some highlights of the activities you can do:

Transfertime 2 to 4 hours: Go shopping, enjoy live bands in bars and lounges, surf on the free internet, refresh your self with a shower at the transfer hotel ect, ect

Transfertime 4 to 6 hours:Take a nap,shower,fitness in the ambassador transit hotel, Go for a swim at the rooftop swimmingpool in terminal 1, catch a movie at the movie theatre at terminal 1, 2 &3 transit malls.

Transfertime more than 5 hours: join a two hour city tour( register at the singapore visitor centre)

What you can do for free at changi: Internet, movies, singapore city tour, online X-box, live performance in the evening.

You see when you find your way at changi airport,you forget that your plane is waiting for you.
one of the many gardens.
arrival on singapore
relax at Harry's bar in the cactus…
rintjez rintjez
EXPLORE - Guide To Kill The Time at Changi Airport Oct 09, 2008
As soon as I stepped in Changi Airport Singapore, I grabbed a small magazine named EXPLORE which was provided by the airport to help me go around since it was my first time to be there. I was thinking I would be such a WORLD dumbass if I get lost in this huge airport and miss my connecting flight. However, that was not the only reason why I grabbed the magazine. Somehow, it’s like my weird habit to get free travel magazine or anything associates with traveling because I think it can be another extra useful souvenir for me in the future.

I was extremely surprised that EXPLORE has all the information you need to know about Changi Airport. Money Changer, Food Court, Toilet, Sky Train, Taxi, Bus, Transit Hotel, Swimming Pool, Exciting Transit Experience, etc are easily found here. You name it, you get it…

My favorite part in this magazine is WHAT YOU CAN ENJOY FOR FREE AT CHANGI AIRPORT. Haha, who doesn’t love FREE STUFF? For your information, Changi Airport offers FREE Internet at over 500 Internet Stations, Movies at the Movie Theatre, Singapore City Tour, Online Xbox and TV Entertainment.

With the help of EXPLORE, I was able to go around within Terminal 1 & 2 by Sky Train safely and easily. However, I also stopped by at the Information booth couple of times just to make sure I went to the right direction.

Little did I know, my weird habit could help someone’s travel experience. It started when I was waiting for Sky Train at Terminal 1 to bring me to Terminal 2 where my connecting flight was located. Sitting next to me was a blonde girl with a big backpack, looking at a map with confused face. I didn’t sweat saying hi to her because she looked really lost. Suddenly, she asked me a question “Excuse me, do you know how much does the train ticket cost?” I was pretty much sure that it’s FREE, so that what I told her. She gave me a surprised look, then she opened her map again and pointed out the name of terminal she wanted to reach.

I figured out that she actually needed to go to the city first in order to reach her final destination. However, can it be done by Sky Train? Where is the Sky Train to the city located? Is taxi cheaper? All sort of different questions popped up in my mind until I remember about “EXPLORE”

*Drum roll please…*

Thanks to EXPLORE because it has every little detail that we needed to get to the city with different alternatives of transportation.

Both of us then headed to Terminal 2 where the MRT station to the city is located. She asked me nicely to help her to finish all her business and I agreed to help because I have all the time in the whole world and it would be my benefit when I visit Singapore in the future.

Through this process, we really had a great chit-chat. Barbara Weiss as she mentioned her name is from Switzerland and actually on her ROUND THE WORLD trip. Singapore is her first pit stop. She would be traveling for another 7 months to different countries to complete her trip. We finally managed to get her MRT ticket from the machine and once it was done, we said good bye by hugging each other. It was such a weird yet pleasing experience for me.

As you read my story, I do hope you can learn something out of it about traveling tips. If my story is too long and too boring, I will figure it out for you:

1.Never ever underestimate the power of free travel magazine or brochure at the airport. Grab one or two that suit your need. If you think those things are too heavy and not useful, don’t throw it. Put it back at different racks so that other person can use that information.

2.Always ask some information from officers or people around to make sure you are going to the right direction. It may cause you 5 minutes to ask them but it would be better than lost for hours in a place you are not familiar with.

*Traveling gives me the opportunity to be out of my comfort zone and bump into new friends from all over the world along the way. Those are the reasons why I never stop traveling*
The Cover