EXPLORA

www.explora.info/index.php - fon +49 [0]69 - 78 88 88

EXPLORA Frankfurt am Main Reviews

dahling dahling
Science Center Frankfurt Museum&Science&Technic Jun 15, 2008
Very intersting museum - especially for kids. It is mainly focused on optical illusion. I find the name far-fetched. The museum has two stories with picture of all kinds of optical illusions. You may purchase a booklet that explain all the pics to you - BUT it is another €5 - so I decided against it. You can also try out a few puzzles - fit the wooden sticks in a square - that kept me entertained for quite a while or lay a square - I got the first one, but the second one defeated me. Some of the objects are to participate in. The one my daughter found most intriguing, was that she had to lay a hand on a metal hand on a board and when she touched the other metal plates they made music. But only while she touched the metal plate. And not if I touched it, but only if I touched her too ;) - this was quite entertaining for a while. And figuring out, if the stairs go up or down, or how come the water on the picture flows up, was fun as well... It was great fun, but way too expensive for what you get to see. We were done in 2 hours easily and that was trying to stretch time. A very big plus was the employees, very, very friendly staff, the director was outstanding and even showed us the office - and what he had planned as a new project.

Not recommend for small kids - they will only be bored - and people that do not like too much noise. All the try-outs hand on things are rather noisy.
Entrance