EWR-Newark International Airport

Newark, New Jersey

EWR-Newark International Airport Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Cairo to Newark Mar 09, 2009
I remember Newark to be big, big, big and rather mind buffling for a new arrival or first time traveler through it. I had my daughter with me so I would have appreciated easier signs and better security check. It seems that after 9/11 security has forgotten to be polite and yet perform their duty. My European friends have since complained about security in the US in general but two of my seven European friends who have visited me in the US have complained about the uncomfortable and improper way the security is handled. Don't get me wrong I'm totally in favour of security done efficiently, but the almost aggressive and abrupt manner in which it is conducted is unacceptable. It reminds me of travelling through LAX with my daughter too.

To be honest I do not remember if it was a clean airport or if there were enough food stops, all I remember is that I was confused just trying to get out of the airport since I had an 8 hour lay over and then on return getting my bags and re-checking them on a domestic flight was a nightmare.
Chokk says:
Not the worst airport I have visited - but also far from the best:)
Posted on: Apr 19, 2010
Africancrab says:
Thanks Danny, I have not used this airport since.
Posted on: Mar 11, 2009
danny291 says:
I totally agree! I have had 2 layovers here both about 6 hours and its been awful both times, too big and confusing and the security people are so rude and unhappy looking! Awful airport!
Posted on: Mar 11, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About EWR-Newark International Airport

Newark Liberty International Airport
EWR Newark Liberty International Airport is within the city limits of both Newark and Elizabeth, New Jersy. I have had connecting flights here two times on my way to Europe. It is about 15 miles sou…EWR Newark Liberty International Airport is within the city limits of both Newark and Elizabeth, New Jersy. I have…

Check Newark Hotel Deals