ETS - Electronic Train Service

Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

ETS - Electronic Train Service Kuala Lumpur Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Train-ing Busy Bodies Nov 08, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, ETS started operation in 2010 and is still relatively new. It is some sort of an 'upgraded' version of our Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) and is clean, punctual and reliable. They also have a very interesting tag-line - Train-ing Busy-Bodies!

The train tickets are sold in 3 categories: The Gold Ticket, the Platinum, and the Silver. Gold is the most expensive and fastest, as it has the least Stops along the way. Silver is the cheapest, with the most Stops between the first and the last. There are also consession fares, but I'm not sure if it applies to everyone or only Malaysian citizens.

I fully recommend one to take the train for the following reasons:

- It's convenient, whereby one can board from the KL Sentral station

- The ticket is reasonably priced

- The condition of the train is tip top - clean, comfortable

- Schedule - the train leaves on time (very punctual)

- Speed - it's fast and can avoid traffic jam especially during peak period

- Service - they have cabin crews who will be there to assist you

- Facilities - the toilets in the train are spacious and clean. There is also a cafeteria or pantry that sells some noodles, rice, hotdogs, etc, and some soft drinks. There're flat screen TVs in each cabin.

- They have overhead storage racks, or you can leave your bags on the floor in front of your seats.

- It's Disabled Friendly.

I have nothing to complain although I personally don't like the taste of the food being sold in the cafeteria. They should have some chocolates or sandwiches, but I didn't see any.

While I was having my 'meal' at the cafeteria, I overhead the conversation between the cabin crew with a man (whom I then found out was the COO of ETS). Before I got to know about his position, I was thinking - this Manager seem to be a very nice person who can work well together with the staffs, and was impressed by the way he talks / manages them.

He then approached me just before I left the cabin as he was curious why I was taking so many pictures of the train. It was then he introduced himself as the COO.

I must say that I am very impressed with the service and all, and in my heart I was thinking "Keretapi Malaysia pun setanding Keretapi kat Europe"...

Two thumbs up and definitely recommend it to all!
A clean and Punctual Train
Comfortable Seats and lots of spac…
The 6 cabins
Some of the stops
trippin_jen says:
Raja, it's just a 2.5-hour ride to Ipoh, i think you don't need to wait until Dec2012 to get there! Hehe... :)
Posted on: Dec 08, 2011
rs232c says:
thanks for the review, yeah i heard a lot of good review on the new ETS. plan to travel by ETS to Ipoh somewhere in Dec 2012 to visit a friend of mine.

Posted on: Nov 08, 2011