EDU Hostel Jogja

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals

EDU Hostel Jogja Yogyakarta Reviews

simonefabbri simonefa…
Great value for the money Hostel not so far from old town Jan 08, 2014
I stayed at EDU Hostel for three nights and it was a positive surprise. Clean and nice, really innovative (like northern european hostels). There are several common areas, a nice terrace where you can have a tipical indonesian breakfast (included) and the staff is very kind. Only downside is the location: it is not as close to the old town as many other hotels and local homestays. By the way local transports are cheap, thus reaching the main attractions is quite easy even for those who are not willing to walk.

Rooms and dormitories are new and clean and security is top-notch.

Highly recommended!
andrejav andrejav
EDU Hostel Aug 03, 2013
I got to Yogyakarta right on time for a large Buddhist festival in Borobudur, and also just in time for bad and stormy weather… I was originally looking to stay in the hostels, but all of them were full or had a price for dorm equal to price for room with breakfast in guest houses. Anyway, after rain has passed over (it was raining for couple hours every afternoon) I decided to stay in town for couple more days, and after checking the hostel websites I found EDU Hostel for 70000rp per day with breakfast.

It was a good deal so I went to check the place. I was seriously impressed with this hostel. It is actually more like hotel with dorms, and it seems to me that they are catering mostly to the school kids and larger groups that pass through the town. Hostel is located in the area that has good number of food stores and it is not far away from the main street and railway station. I Was moving around on the moto-bike (costs around 40-50000 per day) but in the front of the hostel you can always find bike-rickshaws or taxis.

Hotel has four of five floors all connected with the elevator and stairs. Lobby is very spacious and features places to check your internet (WiFi is available in the most parts of the hostel), large common area with some games and TV and very functional reception where you can always find at least couple of people working. It looks like well oiled machine where everyone knows what to do. Most of the floors while I was there where populated with school kids and their professors. On the first floor there is also a conference hall that is used for classes, prayers or meetings.

This hostel also has a underground garage with specific place for motorcycles. There is little ramp on the bottom of the garage that takes you to the mid floor where they have dedicated moto space. Hostel is very secure and they have at least two guards at all times.

My dorm was perfectly designed, with six beds well spread around and every bed having its own light, power source and locker. Room had bathroom and shower separate, and it was very good quality and design. Outside of the shower they also have a towel drying place. Windows cover whole side of the room, but they are covered with heavy curtains that don’t let any light come in. Every room has AC which I don’t like that much, and I was a bit cold in the room. Beds had excellent mattress so sleeping there is very good.

The nicest thing about this hostel is actually their rooftop. They made it very inviting with lots of long benches, tables, long and shallow strip pool (it was too cold for me to swim in it) and you also have beautiful view of whole town and surrounding mountains. Food is served on the top floor and you can enjoy the sunrise with cup of coffee and hot meal.

Warmly recommended place!
Cafeteria
bagusferriyanto bagusfer…
The Most Valuable Hostel in The World that I Have Ever Stayed Nov 28, 2013
You hear me correct!

Okay, am not trying to exaggerate here. I just said 'most valuable' ones, this mean what you paid is what you get.

This place is almost looks like hotel, unlike typical hostel that you have ever stayed. Is big, sometimes you wonder why they build the hostel this big, well is explain that it can press the operational to run it. When did the last time you stay in hostel for $5-6 and breakfast is included? It has aircond, clean, good shower, hot water. Ive been working in hospitality industry and I can tell that the quality of the bed that they are using is a thumbs up for a hostel standard. The bunk bed frame also solid enuf, so where you stay on the top, and u make move it wont shake and squeak :) you know what am talking.

Their wifi connection is good, staff are helpful, breakfast on the rooftop is awesome. (well u cant complain what they serve u)

Around the area, you can find local/ street foods. easy access to main tourism attraction.

I enjoyed my stay here...almost hard to find something to complain for.
Sunset from the rooftop
neighboring view
richienorichie richieno…
Horror Hostel Feb 14, 2013
I stayed here 2 weeks ago with my sister. They don't have mix dorm. So I have to sleep separated. Male are in floor 3, female in floor 2. room 4 for family room, 4bed cost 400K IDR per room with TV en-suite bathroom and aircon. The dorm are just like typical, here with aircon. For dorm, it cost 70K IDR per bed.

The isle when it comes to evening looks creepy. They light gloomy lamps, dark carpet. The situasion got worse when my sister went to lobby toilet at night, there're so many mirrors. My sister saw a total black being (spirit) come into her. She ran and scream out over me who sits in the Lobby without getting noticed by the reception officers, they might busy gossipping and don't give a damn. Some of you might don't buy my story, but I def don't want to stay here again.
Lobby