E&O Hotel

Check Penang Hotel Deals

E&O Hotel Penang Reviews

Mnawin Mnawin
A nice Hotel to stay in Penang Mar 06, 2011
I stayed in this hotel in winter suite for three nights during my business trip to Penang. When I arrived and registered at the receptionist counter, staffs are friendly and taking care of you till arrive to room. And I found strange behaviour of local staff who pressed the door bell before open the main door (someone must in the room, but I didn’tsee anyone.must be ???).Then she will show you around in the room which is 135sq-m. (forget to give tip due to room size and facilities) Winter suites are named as per famous guest at the E&O; Sir Noel Coward, Rudyard Kipling, Hermann Hesse and Somerset Maugham. I got the room where Sir Noel Coward stayed before. Over-size suit (135sq-m) with separate dining lounge with a mini bar and guest room. It bathroom is equipped with ‘His’and ‘ Her’hand basins. The room equipped with internet service and provided office facilities which convenience for business traveller.

Next day seminar, when I met my colleague who stayed in same hotel complain about their room size and appearance of furniture, I have mentioned to them and they wanted to visit my room. So, I let them see and they want me to change the room due to appearance and worry something. After seminar, we went to Gurney drive and tried local food and get back to hotel around 10PM. Some of my colleagues followed back to my room and they asked me whether I dared to stayed alone at night or not. I said no problem started joke about ghost, then they went back coz they are also scare of that. I take showerd and check my mail and think about sleep and I started to think about that and my mind stared to wonder. You know what I do, just change the cloth and out from the room, go to lobby. Then cross the road and wonder along the jalan penang where all pubs and disco are open till 2 am. So, I went one of the pub and order beers, as well as tequila and make myself drunk. Then I went back to my room and slept without worry :D. Next day, wake up and wonder near hotel like museum, Chinese temple and arrive back jalan penang. As an Human nature, when I saw Penang’s oldest cemetery, I went in and walk around, it very quiet place with old grave yards but when a monitors lizard run behind me, I realized time to make U turn :D..

Back to hotel about 10A.M. and my colleagues want to go Penang hill, so we drove there and tried famous Penang Laska (local food) at foot of Peneng Hill and went up to hill. Back to Hotel around 2 PM and check out, drove back rental car to Penang Airport returned and flied back to Singapore.

Related Travel Blogs About E&O Hotel

Pulau Penang
Penang's capital city is an interesting mix of Malaysian modernity, British colonialism, and a strong Chinese influence. Numerous colonial era buildings line the narrow streets, and there are some fa…Penang Road and the E&O Hotel, making it really easy to entertain yourself at night. For food, Penang
Pulau Penang