Dzveli Metekhi

3 Metekhi, Tbilisi, Georgia

Dzveli Metekhi Tbilisi Reviews

DAO DAO
Excellent Meal and Experience Apr 08, 2017
This place is a class act. My coat was taken as I came in the door and a ticket issued. I was shown to a nice table and welcomed. Menus arrive and my drink was ordered. The waiter arrived with my drink and my meal order was taken. Then my lovely food arrived and the next drink ordered. The food was excellent and then the musician arrived. Even though I was dinning alone, I felt like they had set up a party for me.

My food was delicious, the service friendly and politely interactive, and the musicians were great. This restaurant does have tables overlooking the river and the Old Town opposite and a balcony during warmer months. Having said that, you need to reserve these tables in advance. If you show up without a reservation, they still have plenty of tables.

I really enjoyed my meal here. It was one of the best restaurant meals I had in my 3 visits to Tbilisi.

This is over the river and bridge from the Old Town, but it not a long walk at all. Definitely worth a visit.

PLEASE NOTE: A service charge of 10% is already included, but they do earn it with great service.

Favorite Dish:

For a starter I had ‘Chikhirtma’ which is a broth like soup with a chicken leg in it. My main meal was the ‘Dzveli Metekhi chicken’ which is a sizzling chicken dish with some rice. I also had the very large pickle plate as well. This was all served with a nice cold pint on Efes (Turkish) beer. Delicious.

Check Tbilisi Hotel Deals