Dwór Wapowce

Check Przemysl Hotel Deals

Dwór Wapowce Przemysl Reviews

madav madav
Nightmare Wedding Venue Sep 07, 2012
I am writing about Dwor Wapowce and my experience when hosting my wedding there. What should have been a memorable day turned into a nightmare. I will start with the layout of the wedding ceremony which took place under a gazebo with a larger gazebo for the guests to sit under. I wanted chairs lined so up in rows and when i mentioned this to the owner she said she would not do it as the tables were antique and heavy but if we wanted we could try to move he tables ourselves. So myself along with three others arranged all the chairs to be set up in rows. Upon arrival on the wedding day as I am about to walk down the aisle I find all chairs and tables moved to where they were the day before. This left over 60 out of 85 people standing during a 45 minute ceremony as no seating was available.

After the ceremony we entered into the venue hall. We had to continually ask for the air conditioning to be turned on as they would leave it on and turn it off in 20 minutes ( this was a very hot 27 degree day.) I was wiping sweat from my face and had guests asking me whether the air conditioning was working. Meats and other food were left on the table for 14 hours and rarely replenished and only when someone asked the server for additional food was more brought out. Same was the case with drinks. We had dropped off cases of Coca Cola a day prior to the wedding to be placed on tables. During the reception my father was told that they had run out and for him to go and get more. So my father left the wedding to pick up more, only to find cases stacked on the floor at the venue when he returned. He spent over an hour driving around to get the coke rather than enjoying the wedding. At the end of the wedding my dad asked for the leftover meat to be packaged up so he could take it home and was told by the owner that the meat wasnt even suitable for dogs yet it was given to guests. There were also no spare glasses or shot glasses on the table, again we had to constantly to ask for more. I found it hard to enjoy myself as I was always looking at the tables to see if anything needed replenishing. The main course was pork loin which was over cooked and under seasoned with luke warm potatoes and a splash of sauce. It tasted as if it had been pre-cooked the day before and warmed up prior to service.

Moving on to hotel rooms. When my sister asked what room I was staying in, the owner said "How am I supposed to know what room your sister is in, I don't know where anyone is". My sister waited hours for her room only to be told that she didn't have a reservations. She had put a deposit of 30 zlotys and had a email confirmation for the room. When she told the owner she wasnt happy about it the owner said it's the webiste's fault as it was booked through an external site so it's not their problem if the reservation didn't come through. She stated that my sister should have called and sorted this out herself! Not to mention that her room smelled of sewage, and the toilet ran all night and made a clanging noise. There was also no soap or shampoo in the bathroom and only a couple small towels to be used as bath towels.

We had pre-booked rooms for guests coming from abroad and when doing the final costings the owner said the rooms were 110 zlotys, when it was pre arranged that rooms would be 100 zlotys. She said she had upgraded the rooms, and when asked who said she could do that there was no answer except that they always do that. How can they upgrade without letting anyone know?

Finally when we went there 2 days later to pay the final bill, we were unhappy with the service and the food so explained that we wanted a discount as we found the service and food unacceptable. The lady was rude and obnoxious and didnt want to hear anything. Every time a complaint was made she made an excuse and we went around in circles and was screaming and complaining about our guests. She made very rude and false comments and accusations about my mother in law who fell and had to be rushed to the hospital that it was due to drinking too much when my mother in law does not drink any alcohol nor did she drink anything that night. She simply slipped while dancing. The owner refused to give any discount and at this point we said that our lawyers can work it out since we can't come to an agreement. we stood up to leave at which point the owner grabbed the keys and locked the front door preventing us from walking out. We ran through the kitchen and out the back door. We proceeded to our cars to leave but the owner ran to his car and blocked both entry roads and threw a wheelbarrow with trash in front of our car and would not move. The owner ran out and stood in front of our car making it impossible to leave. WE LITERALLY FELT LIKE HOSTAGES, trapped unable to get out. The police had to be called to unblock our cars so we could leave. This was amazing that a place like this can stay in busniess. I wish I would have read all the negative reviews before having our wedding here.

I hope by sharing this story I have saved other people from wasting there money and the tremendous stress that was caused instead of having wonderful memories.

Check Przemysl Hotel Deals