Duthie Park & Winter Gardens

David Welch Winter Gardens Duthie Park Polmuir Road Aberdeen AB11 7TH, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/comm… - 01224 585310 (Ext 20)

Duthie Park & Winter Gardens Aberdeen Reviews

hujera hujera
Great place to relax and find, that there's not just one Aberdeen in the world Mar 13, 2013
I considered Aberdeen a bit boring in the past, until I discovered this park and gardens, which are absolutely amazing ones.

It needs a bit of sense of orientation, as the place is not marked anywhere in the city centre (at least I haven't found any signs pointing to the place).

How to get there? The place is about in a 15 min. walking distance from the train station and Union Street (main street in Aberdeen) - the best check web sites with maps, like Google.

I walked first from Union Street, taking Crown Street and following the cycling signs to the place (going through a residential quarter with beautiful houses indeed).

I reckon, that an easier way is from the train station (only one in Aberdeen) taking College Street and Riverside Drive leading directly to the one of entrances to the gardens.

Once you get there, you find an amazing park with greenhouses - Winter Gardens.

My first point of interest was a board with places called Aberdeen around the world - I think, that this is really interesting to know and see, where else you can find Aberdeens, than in the original city.

The gardens are interesting too, even in March. I don't want to describe them too much. Just I really like the part with carnivorous plants. The gardens are also a nice example of good architecture.

Even, if the place is not directly in the city centre, it is worth visit indeed, if you are in Aberdeen. The visit will not you cost a penny, unless you decide to contribute to a donation box.
Beautiful houses on the way to the…

Check Aberdeen Hotel Deals