Dutch Food

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Dutch Food Amsterdam Reviews

Soniahaha Soniahaha
Dutch sweets Jul 15, 2011
As you may realise once trying to find a restaurant specialised in Dutch cuisine... there is hardly any! The reason is simple... Dutch food consists in mashed vegetables/potatoes and fried snacks (kassouflet, bitterballen...).

It is also very common to get a broodje (or sandwich served in a plate) and those are definitely well made most of the time.

But the highlight of Dutch food lies in their sweets...

I highly recommend trying a stroopwaffel when drinking coffee. This is made by two layers of thin waffles stuck together by some kind of caramelised syrup. It is better warm this is why the ones served with your coffee are usually tiny: for you to put your cup on it and warm your stroopwafel while waiting for your coffee to slightly cool down.

Another typically Dutch delicacy: the Poffertjes... These are mini pancakes. they are delicious! and usually served warm with whipped cream... You should definitely try that if you stop at a pannecoeken (pancake)place. Where by the way you'll have the opportunity to try Dutch pancakes. Also very good and both salty and sweet!

Related Travel Blogs About Dutch Food

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Dutch doctor from Amsterdam ��" handy when embarking upon what we were about too, and Nicole and Natalie (not sure which is which as they are both alike) 2 Australian girls…
Day 2. Part 1. The last day of the passing year
December 31, 2008, 9 am  -  I woke up ready for the last day of the passing year. It is always that exciting.  High time to finish in one day everything you haven’t done this year an…amsterdam so I enjoyed life flourishing around me through big windows (together with some hot tea and some Dutch food

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals