Duta Garden Hotel

Duta Garden Hotel Rates and Deals

Duta Garden Hotel Yogyakarta Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Duta Garden Hotel May 29, 2013
Again, I found myself without any reservation, first time in the city, refusing taxi cabs, moto riders and rickshaw riders… I knew the name of the area where most of the hotels are and also that next day is the largest Buddist festival called Waisak. That automatically means that all cheep rooms are taken and that I am in trouble… but I had advantage of being there, on foot, and in the early morning. Of course first 5-6 places did not have any room, but then I started finding openings for rooms that were triple more than I wanted to spend. Not too long after (this area has at least 1000 hotels and guest houses…) I got to the Duta Garden Hotel and they had an alright room with a breakfast for 115000rp. That was also too much, but I went playing safe and took it thinking that as soon as I get situated I will find the moto for rent and find some other place to stay.

Front door had lots of stickers from all over the world proofing that they were in business for long time. Place is a bit of mix and match of styles. Second lobby looks like old English colonial house, with large chandelier, but walls are covered with leather pictures in the style of the puppet plays (very cool thing). But then… next room is a gym… (I am telling rooms in sequence from the front doors) and it is ok equipped gym but the pictures all around the walls are from the family that owns the place. It is a bit creepy sweating under weights and eyes of extended family starring at you from the pictures. By the style of the wear on the images, I think that owners are Balinese. After that place you enter the pool and garden area. It does not look bad, pool is a bit cold for my taste and garden is a waterfall that covers the neighbors wall and it does make it much better.

Cheep rooms are on the 3rd floor (some people would say on noooooo you have to climb to the 3rd floor, but it is the best view and has the nicest air), they are doubles with two thin beds, fan and shared restrooms. Entrance to the rooms is from the large balcony and each room has large windows looking to the balcony. Walls are paper thin, but I used this place just to sleep 6-7 hours a day and the rest of the time I was all over the place. Fan is big and supposedly nice (at least my experience with this type of fans), but in reality it is not much of the functional equipment. It does send some air towards you but mostly it is cooling down air above and you won’t feel it. Beds are not that comfortable and sheets have some stains here and there (they smell clean). Restrooms are specious and they double for shower rooms. Unfortunately they did not bother to add the hot shower to this bathrooms so you will have to go with cold water which was very uncomfortable after the rain that I experienced. Windows on my room did not have any mosquito net and they could not really close properly, so I was a bit of the food every night (I usually had my revenge in the morning).

They do have excellent breakfast in the morning, with good fruit, eggs and large choice of mix and match things to eat. Coffee is also good and strong. Pool is sizable and refreshing during the hot day, but it smells too much on chlorine.

They have two internet connections and the one that is strong and good is at the lobby. The weak one is in small letters and it can be accessed with painful slowness pretty much all over the place but the good one is only in lobby and few rooms around (it has capital letters).

I did not like this place and I stayed here for couple days too long. Maybe other rooms make experience much better, but there are so many better places in the area for far less money and only thing you need s a bit of time to walk around.
trippin_jen says:
funny write up... :)
Posted on: May 29, 2013
charlesycm charlesy…
Good Apr 13, 2011
Stayed there for 4 nights. Clean room and good service. The location is fine, very close (about 5 mins walk) to a street with some bars and restaurants (sorry, forget about the name).
niki1013 niki1013
The best place to stay in Yogya!!! Mar 11, 2008
This place is my favorite hotel ever!!! I have stayed at Duta Gardens on two occasions - one time I stayed here for 6 weeks!

The hotel is absolutely beautiful!! It is set amongst lush tropical gardens and there are fish ponds and stepping stones everywhere. There is a beautiful pool with a spectacular rock waterfall.

The rooms are lovely and clean and the bads are very comfortable. In many of the rooms the bathroom has it's own outdoor rock garden which is lovely - although if you are prone to being bitten by mosquitoes you might be better off with an enclosed bathroom.

The hotel staff are among the most friendly I have encountered. When I was having trouble with an airline ticked which I had booked, they called up the airline to sort things out for me.

There is free internet available and and a cheap phone to make calls home.

Breakfast is included and is very tasty - try the spicy rice, yum! You can also order eggs. Don't bother ordering room service food as it is pretty average - there are plenty of great restaurants nearby.

I absolutely love this hotel - the atmosphere is fantastic. It's feels as if you are in an oasis in the middle of the busy city. It's location is great too, close to Jalan Prawirotaman which has many restaurants and tourist services.
Pool with waterfall

Duta Garden Hotel Overview

This Yogyakarta hotel is situated in the Timuran village outside of town. The Duta Garden Hotel offers access to many of the city's attractions, including plenty of restaurants and entertainment venues, and the hotel itself is set in the midst of lovely gardens with walking paths. The Duta Garden Hotel is easily accessible by car. It is also nearby to Yogyakarta's train station.

The rooms of the Duta Garden Hotel include amenities such as cushioned beds, pretty tiled floors, and lovely curtains. Many of the rooms have a view of the sea, and they all have attached bathrooms with separate showers and tubs and complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. The rooms also include satellite television, radios, and telephones, as well as safety deposit boxes and fridges.

The Duta Garden Hotel offers its guests plenty of modern amenities, including a living room where guests can congregate and look at the ethnic decorations, a fishpond, steam, and swimming pool, and multiple on-site restaurants. One serves traditional meals, and another serves a la carte Chinese and Continental foods.

Duta Garden Hotel Amenities

• Excursions
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower