Dusit Zoo

Dusit Zoo - Dusit ZOO Bangkok

Dusit Zoo Bangkok Reviews

sUrAbUyA sUrAbUyA
"Green Zone: Zoo in the City" Oct 07, 2010
The title is what the Zoo calls itself on their brochure

The zoo is set in a beautiful park with lakes lots of flowers and big shade trees.Originally it was King Rama V's Dusit Royal Private Garden and was home to a herd of Avis deer from Java and other animals.

Today it sits surrounded by busy streets but very relaxing to wander around at your leisure.

The entrance is the most elaborate I have ever seen for a zoo. The price of admission is $3 USD ($1.50 for locals)

I would not say this is a must see place but for anyone living in Bangkok or here on an extended visit it is definitely worth at least a half day visit.

No elephants were there when we visited but the hippos, white tigers, giraffes, monkeys, meercats and Bird Island were all interesting and close enough for great photos. "Petch" is billed as the only male albino barking deer in the world. Wasn't barking when I saw him but did get some pics. There is a seal show as well as other animal presentations. Exhibits include a museum and World War II air Raid Shelter with photos and artifacts.

Many drink and snack areas are available as well as a 7-11 and a KFC.

There are statues all over the park and many are fun for posing for photos with them

At first a downside was the extremely dirty/smelly hippo pool but before we left I walked back that way and was very happy to see men in big boots in the pool scrubbing it with brushes and filling in fresh water.

All in all I would recommend a visit for adults as well as families with children
cax cax
Disapointed but nice cat surprise... May 18, 2008
I was very excited to vist Dusit Zoo in Bangkok and after reading the description on www.bangkok.com I was more or less expecting another Singapore ZOO.

But that was far from what I found here. For one the park is very dirty, and the conditions for a number of animals really doesn't live up to the standards of a modern first class zoo. Most cages are fenced with bars and the space the animals have is very very limited. Especially the elephants are stuck together like tuna in a can.

I also wondered where the HUGE park that www.bangkok.com was talking about went...because it's not really that huge.

There is one very positive thing with Dusit ZOO though - the tiger cage. You get really close to the big cats - ofcourse protected by a big glass window which enables you to get close to the cats. The tiger exhibit also includes two white bengal tigers which is rare to see and therefore makes the park worth a visit.

Related Travel Blogs About Dusit Zoo

Dusit Zoo
We decided to spend a sunny morning at the zoo close to where we live. It is almost more like a park than a zoo but quite nce to walk around and also just sit and relax by the lakes. There are stat… We decided to spend a sunny morning at the zoo close to where we live. It is almost more like…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals