Dusit Thani Hotel Bangkok

Dusit Thani Hotel Bangkok Rates and Deals

Dusit Thani Hotel Bangkok Reviews

ClaireV1987 ClaireV1…
Pricey for Bangkok but worth it! Apr 26, 2011
I stayed here on my last night in Thailand, my friend and I 'treated' ourselves to a nice hotel. We stayed in the junior suite (AKA Dusit Grand Room) that was everything you expect in a five star hotel and more! From the bathroom to the views, everything was done with elegance and luxury in mind.

The Dusit Thani chain is primarily a Thai hotel group but does have hotels around the world (although not as many as other major chains).

The service is classic Thai and they will always be there with a smile no matter what your request.

In terms of location, it's very easy to find as it sits opposite Lumphini Park, a well known attraction in Bangkok right next to Silom Skytrain Station. It's a great location with everything you need including the underground railway line right outside the door.

If you are looking for a bit of luxury in Bangkok but want to support something which is much more local then this is the place for you!
Junior Suite Bedroom - this is the…
Views from bedroom
bathroom
From bathroom throught to bedroom
Grace2011 Grace2011
Good Location reasonable price May 01, 2011
Booked this at the last minute as a friend was staying there.Didnt expect much as the rate per night was ridiculously cheap.Was very surprised,very nice considering what we paid,various amenities and restaurants,but mostly, the staff were incredibly friendly and nice.I was there for Thai New yrs and they would always ask if I had enjoyed the festivities,advise me to be careful with my belongings.

Would recommend this if you want a bit of luxury with out paying a fortune.
artvark artvark
A gorgeous 5 star hotel with charm Jun 01, 2011
Its location is a walk away from everything and just outside the train station. Its located outside Lumpini Park and a 10 minute walk from the Night Market which closes at 2am every night.

Its a gorgeous hotel, Its not Shangri La but a very up authentic hotel with one of the best spas in Bangkok too.

Everything is a walking distance away.
jdsgos jdsgos
Sep 22, 2007
A few years ago, I was in Thailand for 3 weeks as part of a tour. For a week of the tour we were booked into the Dusit Thani Hotel. If you feel like spoiling yourself and getting away from the backpacking routine - check yourself into this place.

If you can get this hotel as part of a tour, do it. The prices will be alot cheaper. If you just book this place yourself, it can be a bit pricey. But the rooms are extremely clean, roomy, with hot water (slightly brown though) and the hotel is centrally located to alot of cool places downtown.

The hotel offers alot of tours for all the tourists that stay there. You can book an over night trip to northern Thailand or a weekend trip to the Thai coast. Check into the prices. They might be a little higher then some of the local offerings, but the hotel does alot of the leg work for you. And after the trip, you're back in your own comfy beds.

Now, when I travel I tend to try and eat as much of the local food as possible. If you're in Thailand, you have to try the street food. Its cheap, filling, and usually pretty tasty. I was always breaking away from the tour group whenever a particular street vendor caught my eye, much to my girlfriend's amusement. I guess being half asian, I was more fearless or foolish depending on how you look at it.

But if you fear the street vendors, the hotel has some awesome places to eat. The breakfast buffet (which is included in your stay) was pretty standard. But you can tell that the buffet was "kinda" broken off into two sides. The right side pretty much catered to the western group of tourists. While the left side had an asian flare to it. It took Maureen a few trips till she caught on. Yes, I was laughing to myself. You usually don't see 'thousand year old' eggs on a Denny's buffet do you?

For those few days when jet-lag caught up to us and we didn't feel like leaving the hotel for food, it wasn't a problem. The Vietnamese restaurant was AWESOME!!! It was like my mom was cooking for us. More then fair prices for huge amounts of food. Maureen wanted to eat there everyday from then on. If you like red-meat (like me) then the steak house does not disappoint. Its claim to be an "american" style steakhouse, but to me it felt more like an "australian" steakhouse. Since all the meats arrived from Australia instead of the USA. We arrived for the lunch special - a four course meal for $30 (for both of us). AWESOME - thats all I can say AWESOME. The food and service was incrediable. I felt like a visiting head of state.

Now the hotel usually states that you need not tip for service at its restaurants. But after the steakhouse, I had to leave something. I would have just felt bad if I didn't. So I left the waitress a 1000 baht tip. She was so happy, you should have seen the smile on her face. I thought she was gonna take us home to her mom. Impeccable service, I had to leave something.

So in short, if you feel like spoiling yourself and just relaxing. Check into this place. Did I mention the full body massage in the spa? Its to die for. Oh my god it hurts while you're getting it. But afterwards, you'd feel so much better.
cimtech cimtech
Luxury Hotel in Bangkok Jul 11, 2006
Dusit Thani is a excellent upscale hotel in Bangkok. I was lucky to stay there for few days. It's little expensive but worth the money. Service was excellent, and the hotel stuff was very helpful and polite. I did not find anyone who does not speak English.

Rooms were excellently decorated and very clean. Bathroom was specially clean and all kind of amenities were supplied by the Hotel.

This hotel was next to the public transportation like sky train. Shopping center was very close as well.

I highly recommend this hotel but keep in mind it's not a budget hotel. Here are few pictures for you to enjoy
Nice and clean room
Room I stayed
Bathroom
Bedroom
spocklogic says:
What an attractive room and don't see such rooms often with all the woodwork and design in the decor like this. Great find, even if on the expensive side.
Posted on: Jan 25, 2014
Cho says:
Although I have never stayed at this hotel, I was there many times to meeet people and attend a few work related conferences. It is indeed a luxury hotel situated in the center of Bangkok. Excellent choice if you want to indulge yourself while in Bangkok!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2013

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Barber/Beauty Shop
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes