Argyle Road, Durban, South Africa

Durban Reviews

travelguru27 travelgu…
South Africa Safari with Durban Jul 22, 2010
I recently taveled to South Africa for the Soccer World Cup. Firstly let me say what an amazing country. Friendly people with some of the most scenic places i have ever visited. All previous perceptions i had of this country are now gone and i am filled with a greater sense of knowing and respect.

Traveling with my 2 good mates we kicked off our stay in Cape Town, undoubtably one of the most beatiful cities on earth. We did all the tourist attractions, including going up Table Mountain. We asked our travel agent about a safari. He was honest and said Cape Town is not reaaly known for it's safari parks. There are a few but they do not provide an authentic safari experience. We told him our next stop was Durban. He put us in contact with Durban Everything was arranged on our arrival, airport transfers, Durban City Tours and our safari(the 2nd reason we came to Africa, apart from the soccer) Our guide collected us in the early morning from our hotel and we drove along the coast towards Hluhluwe Game Reserve. What an amazing place, an animal oasis like none i have ever seen. On entering the park we encoutered Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino. The day was spent driving around looking for more picture opportunities. We stopped for lunch at the camp restaurant(i cant remember the name). The restuarant is on a hill overlooking the valleys below, stunning! We managed to see lion, Giraffe, Hippo and numerous buck and other mammal and birdlife. The staff at the park and our tour guide were amazing.

I have been to many destinations around the world, seen beautiful beaches and mountain ranges. This was our first safari, and even though we only had time for a day trip all i can say is WOW! In the States there is this misconception that the safari parks are almost like enormus Zoo's, this couldnt be further from the truth. The animals roam free and we are guests in their home.

All in all a great trip, apart from the football and my team not going as far as we hoped.

Check Durban Hotel Deals