Duo Housing Los Angeles

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals

Duo Housing Los Angeles Reviews

vickie-lou vickie-l…
Strange Little Place Oct 26, 2011
Unfortunately I forgot to get pictures of this place which is a major fail on my behalf as they really would have helped to explain this place. When my cab pulled up in front of it I nearly panicked beacuse I thought I had the wrong address. This is just a house in the middle of a housing estate with no exterior signs stating that it is a hostel. Luckily the cab driver went to find out if I was in the right place and I was.

The inside is just a renovated house with as many bunk beds shoved in a room as can fit. In my room you had to squeeze between 2 bunks to get to the bathroom which would have been difficult for anybody on the larger side. The beds were fairly comfortable but the pillows were shockingly bad. There are no lockers in the rooms and no locks on the door so you either have to be a very trusting person of you have to walk all the way round the back of the building where they have very small lockers to fit valuables into. A lot of people live here long-term so you have to be willing to fit into the little community there but it's not too hard if you're outgoing enough.

It is located in Korea Town but there is a bus stop for Hollywood right outside and a subway station at the end of the road. It takes a while to get to places but luckily public transport is very cheap in LA ($1.50 one way of $5 day pass on the metro) the staff will help you work out how to get to where you want to be.

There are only a handful of bathrooms in the house so toilet paper was forever running out and the showers weren't always the cleanest. Honestly, I'm not sure I would stay here again. It was fairly cheap for LA but the location could have been better and it was more of a house than a hostel. The guys who run it were very friendly but it didn't seem to be a professionally run business, more like young guys trying to get by by running a hostel from their house!

Stay here if you want a cheap, friendly stay but don't expect too much for your money.

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals