Duna Palota

Budapest, Hungary

Duna Palota Budapest Reviews

vittore vittore
A magic in the centre of Budapest Jun 21, 2012
We visited Budapest and went to see some Hungarian foklore music and dance with local friends. They told me that we have to see the Duna Palota, Danube Palace, what lies near the river Danube.

We visited this place and it was a really wonderful building. It had amazing interior with gold and yellow decorations on the walls. There were and exclusive red carpet on all floors.

So when he went in, there were a hostess who told me interesting fact about Duna Palota and Hungarian Folk Ensemble. The building was built in the 1890s and it was a casino for reach people. After the communist arrived to the country, they used the building as a culture centre of the Army.

The hostess showed us the ticket office, where we bought ticket for the folklore show. It was really amazing. Young men and women danced on the stage, sang, and gipsy musicants made very good music.

After the stage show we went to a river cruise. It was well coordinated, since few hostesses went with us to the cruise, and they were there while we left. We tasted special Hungarian foods and drinks and some wine and beer as well, and it costed only few thousands forints (cca eur 30) per person.

We had fun and next time we will visit this building again.
kalbakk kalbakk
Sep 19, 2007
If you're in Budapest you should really try to experience some culture. Every night there's a folklore show in town. For about $25 you get to see either Rajko Folk Ensemble or some of the other dancing groups perform a piece of Hungarian culture. I saw the show at the Duna Palota Theatre, on the way to St. Stephans Basilica.

I was hoping to see more dancing, but the show is a bit about folk music too. My opinion is that it was perhaps a bit too much violin involved. I only knew one of the pieces they played, and the rest of it sort of sounded all the same to me.

All in all it was a nice experience. A lot of funny footwork to see on the men dancing. At the end of the show you have the choice to either go home, or spend another couple of hours on a sightseeing boat on the Danube to see Budapest by night.

Check Budapest Hotel Deals