Dulo (London Road)

0114 272 8218

Dulo (London Road) Sheffield Reviews

dougal dougal
Mar 13, 2007
Now on the face of it Dulo has plenty going for it.

It's a traditional style English pub done in a modern way. Consisting of three adjoining rooms it provides an intimate feel with various nook and crannies. The décor is stylishly done and various pop art from local artists adorns the walls.

The music is just the right side of cool and the seating is comfy and plentiful. It also has a decent beer garden for those summer evenings which although basically being a yard, has had some effort put into it with various graffiti murals on the various walls.

Food is available during the day and again is trendy, tasty and reasonably upmarket. Best of all it's just across the road from our office.

You sensed there was a major 'but...' coming here didn't you?

What lets this place down to the point of making it virtually unvisitable (in my book at least) is how badly run it is. It's location has meant that I've been there on numerous occasions after work and you can guarantee that whatever you decide to drink they will have run out of. If you do manage to get your requested order you can pretty much expect that your chosen tipple will run out whilst you're there.

Every time you go in there are towels over half the taps on the bar and the selection of bottles is limited. Any day or time you go in there's a distinct possibility that you'll be disappointed. And they seem to be hardly bothered. This lack of reliability extends to the food as well which you can never guarantee will actually being served on the day you visit.

We once went in on a Friday lunchtime only to find that there were no drinks on tap because they were cleaning out the pipes, their fridge contained literally only two bottles of Budweiser and they had no red wine. What exactly were we expected to drink?

Having had this experience time and time again I decided to actively boycott the place and will now only go in there under duress as I don't like rewarding shoddy management. Unfortunately it's a hip place to hang out so there’s always plenty of people willing to put up with the tardiness.

In general it's a decent pub (which saves it from getting a lower mark in my rating) but don't bank on being able to buy a drink in there.
Dulo
Dulo
Dulo: nice decor shame they never …
Amanda says:
Finally - a review that will come up when I search "bad stock management"... I can't tell you how many times I have tried, and been frustrated with the results due to people leaving this out of their tags! Good work my friend!
Posted on: Apr 27, 2007