Duckworth B&B

331 Duckworth Street, Saint John's, Canada
www.duckworthbandb.com - 1 (888) 394-4222

Compare St. John's Hotel Rates (1.8km away)

Duckworth B&B Saint John's Reviews

winnie-k123 winnie-k…
A convenient location in St. John's Oct 12, 2011
The location of the Duckworth B&B is perfect for tourists in St. John's Newfoundland. It is in the heart of the downtown close to the harbour, George Street and relatively close to signal hill. My partner and I were able to walk to most places we wanted to visit in St. John's from this accomodation. As for the places we couldn't walk to, it was easy enough to catch a bus. The closest bus stop was a minute walk from the bed and breakfast.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was always delicous (it was a bonus that a hot breakfast as well as the continental breakfast were both included in the price of the nightly rate).

It was unfortuneate that we were not able to recieve wi-fi internet from out room. My partner and I (both being techie-savy) had to either sit in the stairwell or go to the lobby in order to get a signal. We frightened the housekeepers a few times by sitting in the stairwell. They didn't realize anyone was there. :P

Also, there was quite a bit of construction going in during our visit. It was concerning that our food was being prepared in a construction site...think of the dust. I tried not to think of it as I ate. Also, despite reasurrance from the staff working the B&B, we could smell cigarette smoke as we ate our breakfast in the mornings. This, despite the fact the the B&B is supposed to be smoke free. I'm not sure if it was the construction workers or not who were smoking.

It was difficult to get in touch with the staff and the management of the B&B. Other than the mornings, when breakfast was being served, the B&B staff were fairly inaccessible.

Compare St. John's Hotel Rates (1.8km away)

Duckworth B&B Map