Duchess Pension

Check Palawan Hotel Deals

Duchess Pension Palawan Reviews

savoytruffle savoytru…
Duchess Pension, Puerto Princesa City: Never Again Oct 10, 2011
We picked Duchess Pension because we thought we could save some money (we paid only P900/night for 4 persons). Yes it was a bargain, but cheap doesn't have to mean crappy. The mattresses and pillows were thin and not comfy at all. They had no elevator, so we had to lug our luggage all the way to the third floor (without any help from the staff, I might add). The WiFi only reached the lobby. And whatever savings we made on our room we ended up spending there anyway, because they charged for stuff that would have been complimentary in other places. For instance, we had to pay P15 for hot water for coffee. Seriously. And they don't clean your room unless you specifically ask them to. All of these would have been somewhat forgivable if the staff were nice and friendly, but unfortunately they were not. I honestly don't remember the guy at the counter ever smiling at us or greeting us at all.

Palawan is a beautiful place and we had a great time. This was the only blight on our vacation. It made us realize that staying at a nice place really makes a difference. The next time we go to Palawan, we're definitely spending more money for better digs. No more Duchess Pension.

Date of stay: July 2010
baliw-katok says:
Good to know ! I will visit PP this coming February, so no Duchess Pension for me ;-)
Posted on: Oct 10, 2011