Dublin Irish Pub

8 Akhvlediani St. Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia

Dublin Irish Pub Tbilisi Reviews

DAO DAO
Do Not Trust Them Apr 01, 2017
In my humble opinion – you should not even step foot inside the door of this place. I saw this place recommended by a well-known Guide Book and I will be recommending that they don’t do this in the future.

It all started with a single beer. Most of life’s problems do. After a long day of walking and

doing Travbuddy stuff, I just wanted a nice cold beer. Unfortunately, I decided to come here.

First off I was ignored for a while by my server. I guess when the only other customer left it confused her. Then I finally ordered a Staropramen draft beer – the cheapest one they had. “We are out”. Oh, are you really? Yes, this is a sad case affecting many bars in Tbilisi. So, I ordered a Lowenbrau at 7.90 Gel.

Hmmm…. What’s with all the foam? Looks like we are missing at least 20% or more of my beer. And it’s warm. Not happy.

After downing this I decided that the Dublin Pub was not somewhere I wished to pay for a second beer. Then the bill arrived – printed – at it said:

11.06 GEL

When I asked why it was not 7.90 I was directed to the 15% ‘Extra Charge’ written on every single orange page in the menu. I almost paid this when my schoolboy maths started saying “Hell No!” in the back of my still sober brain.

Yes, my fancy calculator function in my mobile phone said “40% !!!!!”. Not 15% extra, but 40% extra.

This then took the lady a mysterious 5 minute to rectify. She mumbled something about the computer. So just imagine if you decided to not be sober in this place. Hmmmm…

Let’s face facts. This place is geared to appeal to Tourists not locals. And the 15% extra charge is simply outrageous. I never found this in any other bar or restaurant in Georgia (except another place owned by the same people!). In fact, the one really good restaurant that did add 10% was worth every penny in service that I received. In fact, their old website had their Menu (PDF) and the first item listed? Yes ­ 15% EXTRA CHARGE. Now they just have Facebook and others have posted what a rip off this place is.

You can see what their first priority is.

I don’t trust these people as far as I can throw their building.

DAO’s Recommendation?

AVOID AT ALL (HIGH) COSTS
15% EXTRA CHARGE
Look at the foam on that! Then I w…
vicIII says:
Forewarned is forearmed! Thanks for your advice:)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2017
davejo says:
RIP-OFF JOINT
Posted on: Apr 01, 2017
sim1 says:
Good warning, really sounds like a tourist rip-off!
Posted on: Apr 01, 2017