Dubai Mall

Down Town Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Dubai Mall Reviews

bensonryan bensonry…
A flaunt of elitist wealth. Jan 28, 2016
The Dubai Mall is a shopping mall in Dubai and the largest mall in the world by total area and is part of the 20-billion-dollar Downtown complex that includes over a thousand retail shops. It is a new megastructure that opened back in 2008 with over 1000 retailers. The building process was also featured in the show “Megastructures” from the Nat-Geo channel. To put it in perspective, the mall is roughly the size of 50 football fields.

There are many landmarks and other attractions within this giant attraction. It hosts the world’s largest indoor aquarium, an ice rink, a massive cinema complex, and a 76,000 square foot SEGA theme park. There are various sub-regions such as the Golden Souk where I took most of my pictures as it has a pretty nifty Dubai Dino. Like other megamalls throughout the world like West Edmonton, Mall of America and Mall of Asia, the Dubai Mall pretty much functions as its own living breathing city. It can be accessed by many means of transportation such as rail, subway, taxi and even its own heliport.

The Dubai mall has so much going on for it, that the average traveler such as myself won’t have the time to experience all of its auspicious areas. In fact, this place was sooooo massive, that I just got tired wandering around it. Is it me? This can be the consumer heaven or consumer hell in my opinion. I accompanied a couple friends that wanted to window shop most of the day, so this wasn’t my cup of tea. If I brought my wife here, I would have went bonkers! Perhaps, the time I visited I got fatigued from the seemingly endless navigation. Walking through the many stories hit me upside the head when I see nothing but mainstream product after mainstream product.

Overall, I am split on whether I would make it a priority to set foot in the Dubai Mall again maybe aside from the fact I was too tired to visit their Aquarium that day. I kind of wished I visited the Burj Khalifa instead. To me, it oversteps a little in flaunting the elitist wealth on how big one can make their mega-structures. It is a recommendation for the shoppers and first time sight-seers, but not necessarily for someone like me.
One of the many many entrances.
aloneinthecrowd says:
Congrats on your featured review, Ryan :)
To be honest I hate shopping malls - even the smaller ones. Too many people, mostly the same brands, just boring. I never will get what's so exciting on a shopping mall.
Posted on: Oct 24, 2016
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature!
I also don't like to be in shopping malls. They give me headache!
Posted on: Oct 23, 2016
monkeymia79 says:
Even as a woman, shopping malls aren't my cup of tea.

Seeing the SEGA theme park would have been good though.

Congratulations on your featured review.
Posted on: Oct 23, 2016
travelwithsuz travelwi…
Dubai Mall….Once, Twice, Three Times …Are Never Enough! May 28, 2013
Shop till you drop! Can you actually believe it? There is a mall that allows you to die and go to heaven, with a smile. Yes, everyone who visits The Dubai Mall, will hear themselves making and fulfilling that vow, “ I want to shop till I drop “ !.

Who will not be enticed by the variety of shops, like birds lined up, on a long telephone wire? From signature clothes, home furniture and homewares, shoes ...oh those wonderful irresistible creations, a wide selection of pastries, chocolates and many, many and many more.

To those like myself, whose wallets are glued, zippered and tightly guarded... do not despair! There are always plenty of sales to entice the mind. If you happen to shop during the DSF (Dubai Shopping Festival held during mid Jan to mid Feb), you will feel like a "kid inside the sweetshop". Finding items with 50% to 70% discounts will make you say "Yes! Yes ! Yes ! There is a shopping god after all"!

But The Dubai Mall is not just for shopping. Mall patrons who are feeling peckish, will find themselves surrounded by a wide selection of restaurants. From a barbeque joint who serves the meanest ribs, an Italian gourmet restaurant with a casual setting ,where one can ask the chef how your meal was prepared and what ingredients were used, then purchase these ingredients from the restaurant’s specialty shops. Yuppers, I come to this shop often to satisfy my craving for a cafe gelato....omg...I want one now!

Also available are restaurants specializing in Oriental, Arabic, European, Mediterranean cuisines…and more...However, let us not forget the traditional, fast food yummies that most of us love. These sinful treats are available on the top floor. So as you can imagine, you will never go hungry, I promise you.

To parents who have kids that are not interested to see Mom or Dad going in and out of a fitting room, there are plenty of activities to do as well. One of which is Kidzania.

Kids will discover a new sense of respect for their parents as they experience working in the World of Kidzania. Here they will have a chance to fly a commercial plane for Emirates Airlines complete with an air crew on board. Kids who managed to successfully land the plane will receive a compensation in the form of Kidzania money. This currency can be used to purchase some items inside Kidzania.

Last February, I accompanied 2 kids inside Kidzania World while the parents ascended The Burj Khalifa. We enjoyed the experience so much that the three of us looked at each other with disappointment, when the parents rang to say that their tour was over. We speedily counted the kidzania money they earned and exchanged them for sweets and knickknacks. We bought Ben's chocolate chip cookies and munched while walking towards the meeting point. I must confess, I had a moment of regression there....thought I was 10 again...awesome! 10 was fun, I had forgot how much!

l am saving the best for last. ...Dubai Mall will never be the same without The Burj Khalifa, The World's Tallest Building. From the fountain area, you will get a no obstruction view of this iconic building. The best spot to take your unlimited selfies with, I must say. I will write a separate blog about this icon because a single paragraph is not enough.

I have been a resident of Dubai for three years now and believe you me...there are still so many stores, I am yet to uncover in Dubai Mall....so once, twice, three times is definitely not enough. Maybe you will bump into me on your next visit! I am the one with the glued, zippered and tightly guarded purse…. the one that is leaking……
Fashion Avenue Section
Dubai Mall Aquarium
Waterfall with Diving Men Sculptur…
Eat Me!
andawayIgo says:
Congratulations on the feature. This looks like it was so much fun!
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
sengaurav sengaurav
beautiful & very Big Mall good for enjoyment Nov 01, 2013
Its a beautifull mall a big tourist must go place

& attraction , with the worlds largest aquarium indoor with fountain dance of water live just near the worlds tallest tower burj khalifa
odelia odelia
Wonderful Mall Jun 02, 2013
The Dubai Mall is the world's largest shopping mall. With about 635 retailers, marking the world's largest-ever mall opening in retail history.

The Dubai Mall has a total internal floor area of 5.9 million square feet. It also has a 250-room luxury hotel, 22 cinema screens plus 120 restaurants and cafes. The Mall has over 14,000 parking spaces across 3 car parks, with valet services and a car locator ticketing system

The Dubai Mall contains more than 1,200 shops and is anchored by Galeries Lafayette, Debenhams, Bloomingdale's, Waitrose and Marks & Spencer.
with friends in Dubai Mall
after a swim my kid
pilgrim68 pilgrim68
The evolution of shopping Jun 08, 2012
Average for Dubai of course! It depends on what currency you are familiar with and exchange rates but I have found that generally day to day prices are on a par or more expensive than the UK. Bargains can be had during sale times however,of which there are lots in Dubai.

Apparently the worlds largest in overall area.Part of the Downtown Dubai area which includes the Burj Khalifa,fresh from it's starring role in MI4 Ghost Protocol. There is much more to the Dubai Mall apart from shopping (thank goodness!) Inside there is an Aquarium and underwater Zoo,an Ice Rink,Multi screen movie theatre and the beautiful waterfall. Outside there is the Dubai Fountain,another worlds biggest. Illuminated at night the fountains "dance" to music.

My favourite shop is the huge World Book Store by Kinokuiya. A Singapore based company and probably the biggest book shop I have seen.It has it's own coffee shop which has a good view of the fountains which is not well known about.

Forever333 Forever3…
Dubai Mall and Surrounds Feb 03, 2012
Well to suggest some sights - the Dubai Mall is one of the more frequented places for all tourists.

It is a rather large mall and probably take you 3 days to cover it all

It is host to

1. Burj Khalifa - tallest skyscraper in the world and book online for tickets to the top as buying at the tower is rather expensive

2. Checkout the musical fountain near all the restaurants and great place for pics. see at night is best

3. Souk Al bahar is next to the fountain and a great taste of local arabic culture and stores

4. The indoor mall aquarium - great for photos again

5. Tons of vibey restaurants in and outdoors

6. The cinemas are grand with a number of concept stoors next t it

7. Check out the food court - one of the largest in the world

Wear comfy walking shoes and enjoy the adventure
Chokk Chokk
It is just enormous Feb 06, 2011
The Dubai Mall can be a very expensive place and paradise if you are a brand freak. The shopping mall is the region's premier luxury shopping place and is also a lifestyle and entertainment destination for many visitors.

The mall has more than 1,200 stores so be prepared to be confused; the huge mall even hosts some pretty amazing attractions like an ice-skating rink and a world class aquarium. I was not in there for anything but looking at the extravaganza and the extreme decadence.

I was amazed of the size and that any brand I was thinking about almost was represented there. I had also a late lunch there and the quality was like everything else really great.

The Dubai Mall is the world's largest shopping mall based on total area and sixth largest by gross leasable area. It is part of the 20-billion-dollar Burj Khalifa complex, and includes 1,200 shops in the 350,000 m2.

Twice delayed, Dubai Mall opened on November 4, 2008, with about 600 retailers, marking the world's largest-ever mall opening in retail history. However it is not the largest in gross leasable space, and is surpassed in that category by several malls including the South China Mall, which is the world's largest, Golden Resources Mall, SM City North Edsa, and SM Mall of Asia.

The Dubai Mall has recorded a visitor turn-out of more than 60,000 tickets sold for the Dubai Aquarium and Discovery Centre in the first five days, following its opening. The Dubai Mall hosted over 37 million visitors in its first year of operation, and attracts more than 750,000 visitors every week.

The mall also hosts a 250-room luxury hotel, 22 cinema screens plus 120 restaurants and cafes. The Mall has over 14,000 parking spaces across 3 car parks, with valet services and a car locator ticketing system.
TravelBug24 TravelBu…
Mall of the World Jan 07, 2011
this is an amazing mall, a great place to see and spend the day in.. it is known as the largest mall in the world.. and it is HUGEEEEEEE!!!!

you can arrive at several different entrances.. i would suggest during your first visit, you enter thru the main entrance... grab an information booklet and start walking around..

it is literally an entire city inside.. complete with shopping, dining, and entertainment.. there are also hotels and nightclubs attached to it, as well as the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa!

i recommend that you first grab some tickets to the aquarium and underwater zoo, and perhaps the glassbottom boat ride.. then head down to get tickets for the burj khalifa (you will probably get a viewing time of 1-2 days later)... then browse through the mall.. eat some gelato window shop or if your pockets allow buy everything.. lol grab a good lunch and head to the aquarium whenever you see the crowd has reduced..

if possible try visit the Armani hotel and Prive nightclub.. def a must see while visiting that area..
the entrance
Pali Pali
A bunch of things to do in one place. Sep 29, 2011
There are a few things that you can see in Dubai mall. you have the fish aquarium and the sea zoo. there is also a small arcade and ride amusement park in the upper floor. and if you enjoy a little shopping there are some neat stores as well. and last but not least it is right next to Burj Dubai ( Tallest building in the world... for now)
jonas1221 jonas1221
The best place for shopping in dubai Mar 22, 2011
This is the b and the most amazing place in Dubai for shopping if u are a shopping freak.

it is so big that one day is not enough to see the whole mall

adjoined to the mall your got the tallest tower in the world the burj khalifa and the view from there is spectacular all i can say is that this place is a must to see if any one is heading up to dubai
NiN9e NiN9e
Dubai Mall Mar 07, 2011
its very nice place to visit

alot of restaurant and brands shops

dont miss fountain symphony near from Burj Khalifa

its very big and crowded with people
mazenjawad mazenjaw…
everything in one place Nov 16, 2010
best place to get everything you need, and eat good food. Once there, you don't need to visit any other shopping destination.

The only drawback: long walks!

Check Dubai Hotel Deals