Dry Bar

0161 236 9840

Dry Bar Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Dry Bar Nov 25, 2011
Dry Bar is a bar in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, with a large bar and a live venue.  It is more of a Northern Quarter Indie music place than a dance or hip hop place, and has a long standing association with Peter Hook from Joy Division and New Order.  There are various offers, like cut price pizza early in the evening, but when I was there I was just having cocktails (which were very nice).

I’ve actually been there twice.  The first time didn’t give the best impression, as we were sort of accosted by some guy who wanted to borrow a pen, and then started begging drinks off us.  I suppose you can’t really blame the bar for that, as that was on a Tuesday or something and they wouldn’t have had security on. But more recently, on a busier night (with security), I had a great time there with some friends from work.  There are good offers, which makes it one of the more wallet-friendly venues in the area.  The décor is a strange hybrid of chandeliers and industrial fittings that you only really find in Manchester, with the Factory records stripes vying for space with the cosy booths.  Service is quick and friendly.

I would really only recommend coming here on a busy night.  The space is big enough to need a crowd for the atmosphere, and being so close to the bus stops means that the bouncers are sort of handy.
sarahelaine says:
Oh, don't worry about that. Pretty damn alcoholic.
Posted on: Dec 07, 2011
tj1777 says:
Dry Bar - the name sound like a very scary name for a bar. And you didn't mention anything about the content of the drinks in the bar ;)
Posted on: Dec 07, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Dry Bar

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Manchester !   Positioned in a raised plateau over looking the jungle this was an outside bar ��" monkeys and other wild animals surrounded the place.   The bar had an international…

Check Manchester Hotel Deals