Drottningholm Palace

Stockholm, Sweden

Drottningholm Palace Stockholm Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
fantastic place Sep 12, 2013
The palace It is built on the island Lovön and is one of Sweden's Royal Palaces.

you can reach Drottningholm Palace by public transit.:

1-from Stockholm central station take green line going to the Hasselby strand & stop in Brommaplan station.

2-take bus 176 or 177 or any bus start from 3 to Drottningholm.

3-when you arrive to Drottningholm you will see a big palace it around 400 from bus stops.

I enjoyed the free tour that was offered , there are many painting and furniture which provided an idea of how it was kings & queens of Sweden live.

the bad thing you are not allowed to take picture inside the palace & i thing they must open more room i wish they show kings & queens clothes in the futures.

the fee fair 100 krona.
Marjis Marjis
Drottningholm Aug 17, 2012
Drottningholm is a castle and the main residence of Swedish royal family. Well, the official name is slott which means castle, but in my opinion it's more like a palace. Anyways, this must be one of the most interesting places I have ever visited while travelling. I admit I'm a bit of a history freak and my favourite subject on that matter is royalties, so of course this was a must.

Drottningholm has very interesting history. I was planning on going through the place solo, but an English tour was just starting when I got there, so I ended up joining the tour. And I'm very happy I did. The guide was good and all what she told was very interesting. There isn't any info boards along the way, so without the guide you'd be just guessing what the things are. There are some hidden doors and other secrets that you won't notice by yourself. ;) So, I recommend taking the tour. The English one starts every two hours, I think.

I also took a walk around some of the gardens. There is also other buildings like theatre and Chinese pavilion, but I didn't visit those. You can buy a joined ticket for all of the places or just some. The ticket to just the castle costes 100 kronor.

It was fairly easy to get there. I first took a metro (tunnelbanan) to Brommaplan stop where I changed to a bus which stopped just infront of the castle. It didn't take too much time to get there from the central Stockholm.

I seriously can recommend this place. It's a very beautiful piece of the Swedish history, with different architectural styles coming together. I didn't see any member of the royal family, but maybe you'll have a better luck, haha! :)
Drottningholm
Drottningholm
Drottningholm's baroque garden
natalyaS natalyaS
Awesome outing close to Stockholm city Aug 30, 2011
If you have some time to spend in Stockholm I would highly recommend making a trip out to Drottningholm Palace. It took us about 30 minutes with public transport from Slussen and we spent about 2 hours in total at the site. You can take a walk inside the palace and there is also a beautiful garden/park you could walk around. It's a bit different to the sites in Gamla Stan and the city center and definitely worth the trip. A stroll around the garden is free, but to enter the palace requires a small entrance fee.

Check Stockholm Hotel Deals